Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jomarr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
Okay, I really love iOS 5 and its features but I use my Touch mainly for music and I just can't stand the mess of the player. Playcounts, slow syncing, coverflow lag, sometimes it freezes when I'm copying songs and it sometimes displays this message at the top
"Copying 1 of 103 songs" even when I'm not adding songs.. It's driving me nuts. Is a downgrade possible or not? I'll switch to iOS 5 when its somewhat stable. Thanks for your help guys. :)

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Wow really? Do you have a site you can refer to me for the step by step procedure?

do you have the shsh blob? of you have havnt jailbroken your idevice before then you dont have it. if you have, open Cydia and look at the top for the versions, if you see 4.x.x then your in luck

jomarr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
do you have the shsh blob? of you have havnt jailbroken your idevice before then you dont have it. if you have, open Cydia and look at the top for the versions, if you see 4.x.x then your in luck

Where exactly? I can't see "versions" on top. :confused:

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Where exactly? I can't see "versions" on top. :confused:

when you open cydia and let it load, on the home screen at the very top you will see different version (4.2.1, 5.0.1 etc) in yellow writing.

if you see nothing then your stuck with 5.0.1 D:

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Yeah and if you do downgrade you wont be able to go back to 5.0.1 once apple closes the APTicket.has anyone came up with a fix for that?

jomarr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
when you open cydia and let it load, on the home screen at the very top you will see different version (4.2.1, 5.0.1 etc) in yellow writing.

if you see nothing then your stuck with 5.0.1 D:

I only see SHSH 5.0.1 DAMN!!! Lol thanks! :)

jomarr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2011
T.T looks like we lost another one.
at least you have 5.0.1 backed up. get tinyumbrella, so then you can backup the shsh blob to your computer

Thanks. Too bad :( I hope the next update for iOS 5 would come out sooner tho. Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.