Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkkskpe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
I would like a code. victoriom@me.com

My kids school assigns pdf textbooks and I convert them to word. Would be happy to try out and leave a comment.

Thank You.

Please check your email, the code has been sent. Would you please leave a review at app store? Much appreciated.

kkkskpe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
If you have a code left, I'd love to give it a shot - I'm an educator and these things come up all the time. Would be a godsend if it works well!

Thanks!

dlr2006 (at) mac (dot) com

I guess this PDF to Word converter can be a great assistant for you. Code sent. Please check it. Have a nice day.

kkkskpe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
Try some PDF-to-Word Online Converter. Most of them are free.

IMO, the online service has privacy issues, especially has copyright material in your PDF. And the conversion process is much slower (first upload then download)than desktop app. ;)

Hawkeye16

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Iowa
I forgot to attach my email last post. I would get great use out of a program like this if it worked with equations, pictures and text all mixed together. The current export to Word in Adobe falls terribly short for my needs. I would write a review of it for sure.

conrad @ hawktuary . com

Machound7

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2012
This program appears to be what I need. I am in document control for my company and I often need to convert portions of national standard documents from .pdf to a Word format. This is to insert the national standard requirements into our internal documents so they can be used by our personal. I may also have to insert drawings, photos, etc. which I cannot do with the .pdf file. Your program would save a lot of time.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I am looking at this to take a series of PDF files that I have for contracts on the houses that I rent out and then merge them down into one DOC file. There are clauses and such that I need to remove / change / update, instead of retyping these PDF's I would like to import them and modify them.

vhdldork (at) gmail.com

Last edited:

robtpatrick

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
Quincy, Ma
PDF to Word converter

First I believe the software would assist those with disabilities who only use a word processor; all my software other than a Browser is word processing software.
Since I am handicapped myself, it would be used as a tool to assist with my disability!
Thank you in advance!
robtpatrick@gmail.com
Robert Patrick

burger315

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Huge time saving - app

Hello -

Looked at the app and it would be a huge help for me. I am a high school science teacher and all the docs for the textbooks are in PDF format. It would be a huge help for example: to be able to change or add some questions to a test or worksheet.

I would be glad to give you feedback for the program.

Thanks

Dave
alan {at} icarushost {dot} com

PeteLampoose

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2012
Atlanta
Hi, John!

I would also be very glad to get a code for your app.

However, I am a system administrator in tech support of one big company in Atlanta and I often need to print manuals and tech documentation regarding *nix-based systems and apps. And I am just annoyed the PDFs I find cannot be edited so that I could use less paper to print them or at least modify them so they could be readable on my Nook without constant navigation and zooming them in/out.

That's said, I think I won't make the world a better place if you give me the code but at least I will be a bit happier and save a couple of trees :)

My email: PeteLampoose aaattt hotmail.com

cvp99

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2012
Hi,

If you still have a promo code left, then I'd be glad to give you some feedback. We have a lot of legacy documentation in PDF's that were written in ancient publishing applications, that we cannot easily update. Converting the pdfs to Word could be the answer and I'd be interested in seeing how well the formatting works.

Please email code to "clive {dot} petley {at} me.com"

Thanks
Clive

Hawkeye16

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Iowa
I have tested the software with some mixed results. If you'd like I can post some pre/post operation screenshots.

The program is set up well and runs really slick. Great IMO if you only have text. Good work on the useability and user interface.

Thank you for the code.

kkkskpe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
I have tested the software with some mixed results. If you'd like I can post some pre/post operation screenshots.

The program is set up well and runs really slick. Great IMO if you only have text. Good work on the useability and user interface.

Thank you for the code.

Thanks for your input. It will be great if you PM the screenshots, so we can make the software better.:)

kkkskpe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
Hi,
Converting the pdfs to Word could be the answer and I'd be interested in seeing how well the formatting works.

Please email code to "clive {dot} petley {at} me.com"

Thanks
Clive

Code delivered, if you have any question about the software, please feel free to contact me.:)

mchristopherson

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2006
Detroit
John,

If you have any more I would love to try it out!

My email is mkchristopherson (at) gmail (dot) com

thanks if you have any, would love to provide review afterwards.

Machound7

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machound7

This program appears to be what I need.
Would you please provide your email ?

----------
Yes, thank you, John.

Machound7 (at) baskervillehall (dot) com

kkkskpe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2011
John,

If you have any more I would love to try it out!

My email is mkchristopherson (at) gmail (dot) com

thanks if you have any, would love to provide review afterwards.

Sorry for the delay. The code has been sent.

----------

Can this program work with PDFs that also contain logos? Or will it mess it up on the conversion?

I use this a lot; but photos and logos embedded in a PDF sometimes get jacked on the conversion.

Thoughts?

The program works better for text conversion, some of the images and logos may be lost quality when converted. We are working on schedule to make it fixed. However, you can give it a try.:D

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
Old documents.

I would like to try it out. Our company has a lot of old documents that do not have a word file on hand. Would like to see how well it works on these older documents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.