Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thisonekidmongo

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
No offense I get the idea that if you are going to put something on the market it should be good. But considering all the crappy cases out there that cost $34.95 (I'm looking at you clear incase snap case) this case is amazing. The thing is basically free other than shipping and it gives the Pixelskin HD a run for it's money (Which is also in the $30 range). So yeah for sub $5 i'll accept an issue here and there. I just don't get all the hating people are putting on this case. My 2 cents.

Agree 100%. Sure there are some minor cosmetic issues but this must be one of the best values for the money cases out there. The camera flash issue with the white case is the only significant issue, you ask me.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
There's no hate, at least I don't believe there is, but there are some issues that should be addressed. The bowing at the top of the case can be an eye sore and the camera washout is another issue. Big difference between hating and addressing issues especially when more than one person have the same issue.

Ok I apologize perhaps saying that people were hating on the case was a bit extreme. The point I was trying to make is that I see people complaining about the size of the branding on the back. I find that to be a bit silly since you got the case for free. You are lucky the case isn't in the shape of the brand name. I agree that cosmetic issues should be addressed and fixed such as the buldging and power button but I think the fact that they are giving this case away is a testament to them wanting to perfect it before going to market. It just bugs me to see people writing things like throwing the case in a fire or comparing it to >$30 cases when this thing cost 3 bucks. Even if you were to pay retail the thing is only 14.99 so it is really unfair to ask them to fix every little issues considering that more expensive cases have the same issues (looking at you Belkin Grip Vue).

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
Finally opened mine up this morning and I noticed the bow on the white case, but not so much on my dark gray case. Has anyone noticed any washout from the camera with this case?

Maybe I lucked out or my eyes are deceiving me but i don't have the bow on my dark gray one. I do notice washout from the flash though

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Maybe I lucked out or my eyes are deceiving me but i don't have the bow on my dark gray one. I do notice washout from the flash though

The bow is on the black one posted in here and the bow is on white one as well. I have the dark gray and I have no bow on mine, but I do noticeably on my white one.

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
Ok I apologize perhaps saying that people were hating on the case was a bit extreme. The point I was trying to make is that I see people complaining about the size of the branding on the back. I find that to be a bit silly since you got the case for free. You are lucky the case isn't in the shape of the brand name. I agree that cosmetic issues should be addressed and fixed such as the buldging and power button but I think the fact that they are giving this case away is a testament to them wanting to perfect it before going to market. It just bugs me to see people writing things like throwing the case in a fire or comparing it to >$30 cases when this thing cost 3 bucks. Even if you were to pay retail the thing is only 14.99 so it is really unfair to ask them to fix every little issues considering that more expensive cases have the same issues (looking at you Belkin Grip Vue).

Agreed. My bar isn't set too high for this case (if I ever actually get it, I ordered nearly 2 weeks ago haha). If it ends up being great quality, then I have another good case in my collection, and a very reasonably priced one at that. If it turns out to suck, I won't sweat it since it was only $3. And the regular retail price of $14.99 is not bad considering the average cost of iPhone cases these days.

To those who have the case: How does it do with screen protectors? It looks like the lip comes up over the glass.

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
The grey one I got about a month ago did not have the bowing issue. The new batch I just received today (white and navy blue) does. Seems like a quality control issue.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Agreed. My bar isn't set too high for this case (if I ever actually get it, I ordered nearly 2 weeks ago haha). If it ends up being great quality, then I have another good case in my collection, and a very reasonably priced one at that. If it turns out to suck, I won't sweat it since it was only $3. And the regular retail price of $14.99 is not bad considering the average cost of iPhone cases these days.

To those who have the case: How does it do with screen protectors? It looks like the lip comes up over the glass.

Works perfect with my screen protector.

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
The bow is on the black one posted in here and the bow is on white one as well. I have the dark gray and I have no bow on mine, but I do noticeably on my white one.

Gotcha, yeah it is definitely noticeable on that pic. Yeah, mine definitely is flush in that area.

----------

No issue with my screen protectors.

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
No offense I get the idea that if you are going to put something on the market it should be good. But considering all the crappy cases out there that cost $34.95 (I'm looking at you clear incase snap case) this case is amazing. The thing is basically free other than shipping and it gives the Pixelskin HD a run for it's money (Which is also in the $30 range). So yeah for sub $5 i'll accept an issue here and there. I just don't get all the hating people are putting on this case. My 2 cents.

I see absolutely no hate at all. I see people giving reviews. Hate would be calling it garbage. It doesn't fit so well at the top and there is washout. That's all that I can see has been said about it. Hardly harsh comments in anyway. I know you withdrew some but someone else agreed and I just disagree is all. It's a decent enough case, a really good one for this little money. If I were guaranteed to not have the bow is buy another at full price for sure b

vtclan

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Just got my white case in the mail today. Took about 2 weeks to get here which isnt too bad. The case does have the bowing on the top and my power button is a little iffy but other than that its a great case! Its slimmer than most I've owned and the design is very sleek and minimalistic.

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
My cases came in the mail today. I got the white and navy blue. I like the white one more because it stands out more on my phone, but the blue on black isn't bad either.

Both cases have the bowing problem on the top, but it's really slight and I'm not bothered by it. The sleep/wake button was a little difficult to push, but the little sticker they give you helps. No problems at all with my screen protector (I have the PS anti-glare). However, I am having minor alignment issues because I have a skin on the back of my phone -- the cutouts are slightly off-center and sit a little lower on the phone. Still, all the ports and cutouts are easily accessible and my charging cable fits fine. I also have side wraps, and they didn't affect the fit of the case at all.

Overall I'm very pleased with the case. It's easy to get on and off, it's slim, seems to provide some drop protection, and -- best of all -- it was cheap. I might get a couple more for some variety.

DSCN5871.jpg

DSCN5860.jpg

DSCN5912.jpg

DSCN5918.jpg

DSCN5916.jpg

You can kind of see what I mean about the alignment in the last photo: the vibrate switch and volume buttons aren't really centered in the cutout because of the skin I have on the back of my phone, but they're still accessible.

Last edited:

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
This is really a CHEAP case doesnt deserve any attention. I believe the only reason why it gets attention is, it is FREE!!!

I am selling this kind of cheap stuff in my store, directly imported from China... this kind of case only costs about 25cents each!!

Few ways to determine if its a cheap case:

1. Customized MOLD? NO
2. Any special design - both functional and outlook? NO

In this case, both answers for the above questions are NO!!

This case only worth 25 cents to me... they just want to get some attention and hope people can browse their web and get the contact info

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
This is really a CHEAP case doesnt deserve any attention. I believe the only reason why it gets attention is, it is FREE!!!

I am selling this kind of cheap stuff in my store, directly imported from China... this kind of case only costs about 25cents each!!

Few ways to determine if its a cheap case:

1. Customized MOLD? NO
2. Any special design - both functional and outlook? NO

In this case, both answers for the above questions are NO!!

This case only worth 25 cents to me... they just want to get some attention and hope people can browse their web and get the contact info

What's your point? To troll? Who cares if the case costs .25 to make? They're basically giving them away. Are you doing the same in your "store"?

Good thing you didn't post a link to your "store", because comments like this wouldn't do anything but hurt your business (if you even have one, that is).

Go away.

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
What's your point? To troll? Who cares if the case costs .25 to make? They're basically giving them away. Are you doing the same in your "store"?

Good thing you didn't post a link to your "store", because comments like this wouldn't do anything but hurt your business (if you even have one, that is).

Go away.

No offense, just want to let people know what I think. I receive not less than 100pcs samples like that every month from my suppliers as sample.

Free cases were provided to my repair customers if they do not have a case.

One more thing...here are the reasons why they give out free cases (as as we give out free cases to repair customers)?

1. Case at this quality cannot be sold
2. Get exposure... like all the discussions here

There is no free lunch... but I think this way to marker is a mistake.. better to give away a nice case to gain some reputation if they want to sell case..

Last edited:

sindekit

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
I grabbed two black cases and two iPad pen styluses! Just 12 dollars for all to ship! Too bad the styluses won't be shipped til 3/5. :(

ECUSnare

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2011
I hate to say it, but I emailed them and had them cancel my order. I ordered 2 cases on 1/28 and still have not received them. I know they were free and just had to pay for shipping, but IMO its a bit ridiculous to have to wait 2+ weeks for shipping from CA to NC.

black743

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
Huntington, WV
I've read some on here saying this case makes it difficult to push the sleep/wake button. I have the exact opposite problem, mine is too easy. So easy in fact that every time I put it in my pocket, it wakes up...which causes battery drain. I put it in my pocket upside down with the screen facing my leg, so I can pull it out and its in position in my hand....this is the first case with this issue. Actually, I can press nearly anywhere across the top and it still wakes the phone.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
i got 2 shipped to the uk & it only took 2 weeks. i like this case, it gives enough protection for me without increasing bulk unnecassarily.

i dropped my phone on a tiled floor in this case from about 4ft & it was fine

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
I grabbed two black cases and two iPad pen styluses! Just 12 dollars for all to ship! Too bad the styluses won't be shipped til 3/5. :(

Ahhh, I forgot that the cases won't be shipped out yet. I got my case within a week, and was wondering where the stylus' was. Now I remember, thanks!:)

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
got my white n black cases today. not impressed, i can see these costing .25 cents to make. I had to do the utility knife trick on the sleep button and now there is no tactile feel to it. i feel i paid too much when u factor in shipping. oh well, hope my magpul comming will put my search to rest

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
I've ordered both of the blue colors.

In the past, before these other colors were offered, I got a dark gray one also for free (just paid shipping). This one has no issues and the sleep button works properly and everything is fine. It's actually my favorite case and I prefer it to the Apple bumper.

Waiting to see if these new ones really have all the problems others are experiencing. I hope not :(

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Thanks for the info/link! I just ordered the light blue case for my white iPhone 4S! It's gonna look sick as hell! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.