Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Anyone know where the install file is saved after it downloads from the app store? I want to install it on other systems without having to download over and over again. Plus I'm curious.

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
once its downloaded it'll show up in applications folder ('Install OSX Mountain Lion Preview 1')

make a spare copy of the install file somewhere else before continuing install on the machine you downloaded it on

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Thanks. Unfortunately, it seems once you download and install, it's deleted and you can't download it again as you can only redeem it once. Awesome!

I take that back. It's under the "Purchased" tab in App Store. I am "installing" it again to download. It's now downloading. I will see what happens after that.

snorkelman

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2010
aye is why I reckoned on making a spare copy of the file before continuing the install - as that 'delete file on install completion' is way Lion did it too (I've got ML sat waiting to install over the weekend so couldn't confirm for sure)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.