Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
On my jailbroken ipad 2, every time i get a facebook notification or any, family feud... The app automatically opens up, is there anyway to prevent this?

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
This happens to me occasionally, too - but only when I'm not using the iPad. I'll come back to it and it will be on my IM program.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
This problem is starting to drive me crazy. If a notification comes in while the iPad is asleep, it turns on and goes to that app - and on days when that happens a lot, it actually affects my battery life!

I think the culprit may be nolockscreen - do all of you have that installed? I'm assuming that the iPad tries to display the notification on the lock screen and doesn't know what to do otherwise. I wonder if the dev of nolockscreen could fix it.

kiddk1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
This problem is starting to drive me crazy. If a notification comes in while the iPad is asleep, it turns on and goes to that app - and on days when that happens a lot, it actually affects my battery life!

I think the culprit may be nolockscreen - do all of you have that installed? I'm assuming that the iPad tries to display the notification on the lock screen and doesn't know what to do otherwise. I wonder if the dev of nolockscreen could fix it.

Yes i do have no lock screen, thank you I will disable and see if that does the trick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.