Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abhimat.gautam

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
tumblr_lzixa0GXYu1qaozh7o1_r1_1280.png

Mountain Lion is really not amused by this thread.

(I knew I’d eventually have a use for this image :D.)

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
I agree

When I first saw the M. Lion, I thought... damn, that looks like something/someone. It kept nagging at me. I thought I'd figure it out sooner or later, bit it kept nagging me. Then I saw this thread and YES!

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
Take a look at the Mountain Lion OX logo/picture...

Then take a look at the Steve Jobs' picture on the cover of his Biography...

Mountain Lion is.....Steve Jobs.

Must be a tribute to Apple's creator. I could not put the pictures on the forum. Hopefully someone will so people can see the resemblance...

Very creative Apple, and a wonderful tribute!

:apple:

You're absolutely right. Both Steve Jobs and Mountain Lions are mammals and have the same basic face structure when viewed straight on in 2D!!!

Most likely it won't be too long before ML/Jesus, ML/Muhammad (I hope), ML/Hitler, ML/"pick your favorite good guy/bad guy" start appearing in YouTube.

haravikk

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2005
Unless they use a picture where the mountain lion is wearing glasses and stroking its chin in a mock thoughtful pose while wearing a polo-neck sweater then I won't buy the comparison.

Okay, the sweater's optional, maybe the glasses, but it's a damn cat looking at a camera, and 99.9% of people getting their picture taken are looking at the camera, so how exactly is it a tribute to Steve Jobs?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Unless they use a picture where the mountain lion is wearing glasses and stroking its chin in a mock thoughtful pose while wearing a polo-neck sweater then I won't buy the comparison.

Waiting for someone to post photoshop of ML wearing glasses. 1... 2... 3... :D

tblrsa

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2010
Thanks for the laugh. Yes, i see the resemblance. :D

Further proof, maybe you can see it now too.

img-jpg--img-1-jpg.jpeg

Attachments

• jobslion.jpg
    jobslion.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

HLX

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2006
This thread is either the best thing ever, or the most ****ing mental thing ever.

Probably a bit of both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.