Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whoathere

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Rockford, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hahaha. Well at least it's not TGAT much bigger. I want I want!

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
I'm not sure this one is real as the last leaked imagine shows an iPad 3 looking more silver. This one looks like the iPad 1 material.

It may just be a different side. like the right side of the ipad 2 is touching the left side of the ipad 3.

but what i hope what happens and its what ive been saying since day 1.
a) put the speakers in the bezel so the sound is coming towards you, or
2) make the apple logo be the speaker

LaDirection

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2006
I still don't see what I would do with a big paperweight that can't do crap without connecting it to iTunes on a real computer.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
lol.. nice try.. ok fine.. who cares about flash.. what i really want is wireless tethering for my Canon SLR without jailbreaking and a CF card adapter would be great too. Live view!?

I agree your Iphone should be your remote shutter and your ipad for live view and review.

Imagine the shoots when you have a customer watching over your shoulder. You can sit them in the corner and say here watch the ipad.. lol

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I still don't see what I would do with a big paperweight that can't do crap without connecting it to iTunes on a real computer.

You might want to check out iOS 5. I never connect my devices to iTunes on the computer anymore.

Mosig

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
I sure hope they add a second speaker like the one on my Galaxy. Music sounds so much better on it than my ipad. One of those small things that drive my crazy about my ipad. All the other improvements will need more space so slightly thicker is ok.

adamfilip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2003
burlington, Ontario canada
I always find it funny. when people are always wanting it Sleeker, thinner and lighter.. but when they get it, they end up covering it in a thick protective case :)

----------

Actually looks worse than the first iPad thicker but still the curve design?

Horrible :(

I like the look of the original ipad better then the ipad2

----------

I wonder what made it marginally thicker, the camera (more pixels?), bigger battery (for certain new, slightly more power-hungry components), or new screen (is it thicker than the iPad2's)? Or some combination of the 3? Too many questions at once?? :confused:

Hopefully the new 24hr battery :)

jkichline

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Get the facts

Before firing off an ignorant comment like that, you may want to get the facts. In iOS 5 you can use an iPad without a computer or iTunes at all.

Thanks for paying attention.

Oracle1729

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2009
I hope it is thicker, the iPad 2 was just so ugly because it was overly thin. Why couldn't they make it a bit thicker and pack in some more battery? The iPad 2 was just anorexic.

Then again, I think the MBA is one of the ugliest laptops on the market (and the MBP I own is one of the prettiest).

wickoo

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2011
Am I the only one who finds the iPad 3 actually thinner in the second picture?
For me it looks like they used the new Gorilla Glass to achieve the same strength with reduced thickness. That would allow them to make the rest a bit thicker, which is bonkers :)

Last edited:

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
If the battery is larger, which I believe to be true based on what they were saying with the logic board placement in the casing, I wonder how heavy it will be.

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Slightly thicker shouldn't bother anyone, especially if it allows the next iPad to retain the amazing battery life of the current iPad (while upgrading the screen).

Bigyella

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Texas
I hope its thicker.. I wished the iPhone was thicker. With such huge hands, it makes it hard to hold such tiny things. :D

MacAddict1978

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2006
If thicker not buying. Nuff said

All sources point to it be thicker... but like by a hair. The measurements that have been plastered all over the the internet would have also made it liked that any iPad2 case or accessory would have. fit without any problems..

Though, I said they would do something to force people to by new cases, and it looks like they did do just that. But that's good news for iPad2 owners... stores like Five Below will be loaded with iPad2 stuff soon

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I agree your Iphone should be your remote shutter and your ipad for live view and review.

Imagine the shoots when you have a customer watching over your shoulder. You can sit them in the corner and say here watch the ipad.. lol

Why imagine?
http://www.phaseone.com/en/Software/Capture-Pilot/Overview.aspx
Just spent a week-long shoot, for a major U.S. retailer, using this nifty little app for iPhone & iPad viewing (amongst other things). No more huddling around the Mac. ;)

skellener

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2003
So. Cal.
I don't think most people give a **** about a slightly thicker iPad. The biggest issue I have with the iPad 2 is how sharp the edges are. For a company that prides itself on R&D, they make horribly sharp products that you are supposed to hold in your hands. The edges dig into the creases of your fingers when holding it for an extended period of time. Rounding the edge of the iPad 3 would go a long way to improving usability of the product IMHO.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
I hope it is thicker, the iPad 2 was just so ugly because it was overly thin. Why couldn't they make it a bit thicker and pack in some more battery? The iPad 2 was just anorexic.

Then again, I think the MBA is one of the ugliest laptops on the market (and the MBP I own is one of the prettiest).

Chubby chaser... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.