Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDENredden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Australia.
When someone iMessages me to my phone number, I dont get it in the Mac version. But if someone sends it to one of my emails I get it on both iPhone and Mac. I noticed there is no option to add a phone number to Messages on Mac, so I just assumed it would be linked to my Apple ID, but it appears not.

Anyone else experiencing this?

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
Im sitting here searching for the same answer! If I find it ill post, but hopefully someone else knows :)

ssn637

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Switzerland
As far as I can remember Messages only works if the email address associated with the user's iCloud account is used (not the phone number).

When I try to send a message to myself the only entry which appears to be valid is my iCloud email address (I can see a blue cloud next to this listing). On the other hand, I just tried sending a note to my wife's iCloud email address and received an error message that she was not available for iMessage. I don't have the feeling that the developer preview has this application fully sorted out yet.

I have similar problems with Notes: None of them are synched between my devices and they don't seem to be uploading to the cloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.