Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
HGS is a blast and Lumines is purdy as ever. Somewhat weird that the games I played most on PSP are the two games I will probably be playing most on the vita..

It was for that reason those were my two top launch titles. Lumines will prob be the only vita launch game I'll be playing in years to come.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Can someone help me pick; Rayman or Marvel vs Capcom or Uncharted?

My inkling is towards Marv vs Cap (what i've pre-ordered) because i'm partial to beat em' ups but i'm more than willing to try something new (never played an Uncharted or Rayman game)

Rayman would be the cheapest whilst Uncharted would be the most expensive which has therefore placed it last on my pick £37.90 for a glorified SD Card game is a little too much even for me.

Last edited:

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
^Rayman Origins is beautiful and a blast to play. It depends on your style...I enjoy platformers on a handheld so it was a easy one for me. Uncharted is really good as well and it feels like the console version but something about the quirky rayman that keeps me smiling and playing.

I killed lumines on the PSP.....keep shining shining shining shining!!!

Army Corps from hell looks to be one I'll have to get my hands on soon.

Bless

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I totally love Uncharted. I really tried to like Little Deviants. I may have to give it another whirl when I am done with Uncharted.

The battery life isn't too bad.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I found Uncharted to be a great tech demo, but a not-so-great game. The worst in the series so far.
UMVC3 is long lasting, easy to play and gorgeous.
Rayman Origins is just one of the best platform games ever. Shame it lacks multiplayer support.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Amazon are on the ball, my order is "Despatching Soon" :)

I'm sure it'll stay like that until tomorrow, but at least it means it'll show up on Wednesday.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
1 vote for Rayman and 1 vote or Uncharted. Hmm...

If I had to pick one game, get Rayman. Will take you weeks to unlock / find everything and is one of the best games of the last 5 years. Shame the console versions came out admits the big hitters of last year - it really deserves to do so much better at retail.

_______

Well my first game I ordered online arrived today Modnation Racers. Was surprised how tiny PS Vita game cases are. They are obviously designed by pixies and elves.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
aaaaand Amazon has despatched :)

Delivery estimate is tomorrow, but with no other details (including a lack of tracking information :confused:) I'm wondering if it's too good to be true...

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Boo, no movement on my 3 Amazon orders that make up my Vita stuff. I do have Prime however, so perhaps I'll see something tomorrow.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
Can someone help me pick; Rayman or Marvel vs Capcom or Uncharted?

My inkling is towards Marv vs Cap (what i've pre-ordered) because i'm partial to beat em' ups but i'm more than willing to try something new (never played an Uncharted or Rayman game)

Rayman would be the cheapest whilst Uncharted would be the most expensive which has therefore placed it last on my pick £37.90 for a glorified SD Card game is a little too much even for me.

UNCHARTED!!!
Out of interest, have you ever played any of the uncharted games?

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
England
Nope. Never.

Well I don't know what kind of games you are into, but they are seriously amazing. Great story, probably the best story lines I have come across in any game. Can't recommend it enough.
If you like it, try to pick up any of the PS3 games.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So still haven't received my €5 voucher to download EscapePlan.

I am currently downloading / just purchased on PSN

purchased -

MotorStorm RC PS3 & Vita
Super StarDust Delta & the Expansion pack combo
Tales From Space
Cliff Diving
Table Football
Fireworks

demo -
Unit 13

All I need now is my Vita :(

Escapeplan code just arrived, downloading now

Last edited:

lilcosco08

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2010
Dayton
Dawn_of_the_final_day-%2528n1304606931494%2529.jpg

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Frickin €5 coupon they sent me didn't work on escape plan. Kept giving me a 'code has expired' error. Can't be bothered to mess around contacting Sony so just bought it full price.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Frickin €5 coupon they sent me didn't work on escape plan. Kept giving me a 'code has expired' error. Can't be bothered to mess around contacting Sony so just bought it full price.

I got that message with some Shadow of the Colossus/Ico content for PS3. It just means that the code isn't active yet or something, it should be up in the next day or so.

So yeah...Amazon flopped for me, their delivery estimate was inaccurate. Another day isn't a big deal I guess, but I was looking forward to getting my hands on my unit.

Oh well, home all day tomorrow (apart from the morning school run, and a dash to the shop's for UMvC), so yeah. Bring on the Vita :)

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I got to use the PSVita earlier this week and there are just a few issues I feel that really need addressing.

1. The directional sticks feel AWFUL. It has this odd balance between the weight of the sticks and the stiffness of the sticks that just makes it so uncomfortable to use, espically when playing games like Uncharted.
  2. The weight of the device is so light, it doesn't feel comfortable. Maybe it was just the demo model I was using, but it felt like I was holding air, as compared to the PSP and 3DS where you still get some weight. Lightweight is good, but there's a point when something is just TOO light.
  3. The UI was just absolutely AWFUL. Extremely awful and not well developed.

Overall, the device was lovely, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

----------

Nope. Never.

I do just want to say, the Uncharted on the Vita isn't made by Naughty Dog, so if you want to get an impression on how the series really is, you need to play Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for a feel of the real mechanics (and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception for the multiplayer).

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Well, Amazon have dispatched all my stuff and it's out for delivery today! Problem is, I'm only home until 13:30 and I bet the courier will come after then. Oh well!

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Argh, this is why I hate ordering online. I went out in the morning to Game to get a UMvC3 and the Vita "starter kit" and they had loads of units available.

Now it's gone 11am and I'm still waiting on my Amazon.co.uk order :mad: A lack of tracking information means I don't even know if it's out for delivery.

edit: so there is a "temporary delay" on my order apparently. Pretty frustrated.

edit2: or not...it literally just arrived :)

Last edited:

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Problem is, Game are really quite expensive. Online is a bit annoying due to couriers, but you get it far cheaper. I think mine came out to £209 for the Vita and 8GB card, £15 for Lumines, Wipeout for £29 and Uncharted for £29 as well. I've just purchased Stardust on the PS3 for £7.99 as my only digital download.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Help..

Setting mine up, it asks do i have an pen account, i say yes, it then tells me i need a software update, how do i get the software update without signing in ? afgghhh

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Probably late with this reply, but if you choose not to sign in/link your account, the Vita will create a temporary PSN account that'll take you to the main menu so you can update the software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.