Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theDionysianOne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Ok, so I'm not sure if the title made it clear as to what I'm looking for, but here goes:

I'm looking for tips on Apps that specifically are for use with both an iPhone and an iMac, at the same time. Doesn't matter what the app does, I'm just looking to maximize my Mac experience. I've had an iPhone for a while (thanks to my job), and I just recently bought a 2006 iMac 5,2 w/ Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8

For example, it could be an app that perhaps has something to do with schedules. Or perhaps an app that turns the iPhone into a mouse for the iMac. Anything. I don't care. I'm just curious as to what's out there. For some reason, simply Googling it comes up with searches involving putting iPhone apps onto an iMac. That is NOT what I'm talking about, just to be clear.

Thanks all!

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
It would help if you had a goal in mind...

Evernote automatically syncs notes taken on all devices simultaneously.

1password syncs between iPhone and Mac.

With iCloud, iCal and Address Book sync with Reminders and Contacts automatically.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
And Dropbox; very nice way to share files. Lots of apps/applications make use of it.

And go through your apps/applications; you'll see that many have complements on the other platform.

Try a screen sharing app. I really like Remoter VNC; it's cheaper than some of the others and has remote login. Air Video to share video. Airfoil, which allows you to use many Mac applications to pump sound to your iPhone. Printopia, which allows printing to any printer networked or attached to your Mac, as well as to easily send stuff to the iPhone.

Rob

william1949

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
Numpad turns you iPhone into wireless numeric keypad for your computer.
LogMein or Connect my Mac (other ones as well), log into your computer from your iPhone.

jackrv

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
RowMote (free and paid) will allow you to use your iPhone as a remote for some apps, and also as a keyboard/trackpad.

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
If you care for security camera's, I use Dlink home surveillance cameras, which i can view from my iphone/MacBook while i'm away.
Which i guess you could use as a nanny cam also. (i check to see if my dog is tearing up the house sometimes..lol)

moore2772

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Don't forget OmniFocus

The powerhouse organizational software OmniFocus syncs up with Macs, iPhones and iPads perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.