Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saraviamd

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I dropped mine on nov 15 th and the web shows jan 30th !!!!! Come'n !!! Apple changes dates to its convenience !!

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
4. There's no way of finding out where anyone's place in line is, but the replacement nanos are being shipped out in the order they received the iPods that we sent in.

Not directed at you, but BS BS BS BS and BS!!!!!! People who had their Nano's received after mine have had their replacements shipped to them already. People who sent it off later than I did have had their replacements ship( I am talking a week or two after I shipped mine off).

Sorry Apple, but just admit that there is no order in shipping replacements. It's as random as it can be.

nickn

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2011
Not directed at you, but BS BS BS BS and BS!!!!!! People who had their Nano's received after mine have had their replacements shipped to them already. People who sent it off later than I did have had their replacements ship( I am talking a week or two after I shipped mine off).

Sorry Apple, but just admit that there is no order in shipping replacements. It's as random as it can be.
The person I talked to at apple said that all of the iPods are being queued by serial number for replacement. If you sent in an iPod with a letter at the end of the alphabet, my SN started with Y, you will be waiting longer. I have no idea why they chose to do it like that, over just fixing iPods in the order they are received, but that is how it is.

Last edited:

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
The person I talked to at apple said that all of the iPods are being queued by serial number for replacement. If you sent in an iPod with a letter at the end of the alphabet, my SN started with Y, you will be waiting longer. I have no idea why they chose to it like that, over just fixing iPods in the order they are received, but that is how it is.

Mine starts with Y, but I bought my Nano close to when it came out back in 2005. So mine was fairly close to when they began to produce the 1st gen.

I just think no one truly knows what the process is......

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I had purchased my original first-gen iPod Nano shortly after the announcement at the keynote, like a few days later. When the news of the recall came out, at first I didn't pay attention until then I saw where people were getting the 6th-gen as a "replacement," so I pulled my 4 GB first-gen iPod Nano out of the drawer, did the necessary preliminaries and in December shipped her off to Apple. The notification that it had been received there was dated January 7th and for the entire month of January the item was listed as "replacement pending...." Finally this past Friday I got the notification from Apple that my item was being shipped and sure enough, today FedEx delivered my shiny little 6th-gen iPod Nano. So, yes, it does seem to take some time......

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
I spoke to some very friendly CS who have filled an AWOL request, apparently in UK there's a huge backlog of things not on system. He phones and emails me bi-weekly to let me know of any progress.
There isn't any yet, and it hasn't been found, but with the great support I'm sure he'll work something out for me

Zeebs

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2012
Chicago
I submitted my request Nov. 15th, but then there was some issue with my shipping address which cause Apple to have to push back my request and create a new one. So now my "original" request is Jan 7th and am still waiting on my Nano. Of course I can't complain THAT much since it was only in a drawer waiting to spontaneously combust or whatever the issue was. However, really looking forward to the new guy.

Still no shipping email, but would really appreciate one today, Apple shipping guy. I spoke with Apple last week and they said they were getting a "big shipment" of Nanos this week on Monday or Wednesday. Hopefully they have enough hands to pack those replacement nanos. Or, that could have been some BS.

Regardless, free is never quick. It's nice to have a place to complain to people in my same situation!

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
WooHoo!!!!! Mine finally shipped. Time to order this. :D

lynk_product2.png

Buklao

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2009
Dear Alex,

Your service request has been completed and your IPOD NANO shipped on 2012-02-22. Please allow two business days for delivery.

Finally after 2 months of waiting! How much do you guys think the NANO is worth? Might be looking to sell it later on.

nickn

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2011
I just got my 6th gen silver 8gb replacement like everyone else. Thanks apple! They even sent it 2 day by aircraft!
Here is a time breakdown for my white iPod Nano 1G 2GB.
I requested a replacement on December 21st 2011.
I received the envelope on the 28th and sent it back on the 30th.
Apple received the envelope on January 6th 2012, and identified the issue on the 7th.
Apple shipped a 6th gen nano on February 21st.
I received the new nano on February 23rd.
The whole process took 65 days or 9 weeks.

Last edited:

Makman8

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2011
Noho CA
Just sent mine in today! Bought off a kid in LA for $40 bucks :D Hoping I get a 6th Gen, fingers crossed :)

Feb 21st Request

Feb 23rd Received shipping package

Feb 23rd Pick up from Fed Ex 4:00PM

Feb 27th Product Received

Feb 27th Issue Identified

Feb 27th Product Replacement Pending

Mar 6th Replacement Product Shipped(well that was fast!?)

Mar 8th Received!!!

Stay tuned!

----------

Whoa! I got it for an mp3 player for the car, but now im thinking I should just wear it as a watch! haha or maybe buy another old nano and send it in again :)

----------

Finally after 2 months of waiting! How much do you guys think the NANO is worth? Might be looking to sell it later on.

If your lucky $100 bucks, easy money 80. Not to mention Apple is selling their refurbs for $99 and that comes with headphones, usb, and packaging :p

Last edited:

Zeebs

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2012
Chicago
So a little update on my process.

When I originally submitted my request Nov. 15th, there was an issue with my shipping address. For some reason, some businesses when shipping, and it's a hospital, but they don't understand my address. It's really not that hard, but the cannot confirm it. So I called up Apple when I hadn't received my envelope to mail back my recalled iPod. I got it soon after.

Now, I called Apple the other day to speak with an Apple rep who informed me that they were ready to ship my unit out, but the shipping address was rejected. I told him that originally I had the same problem, but informed them of the address, and how it would get to me. He said he'd escalate the issue since it was not mid February and still no replacement unit in my hands.

So I call back today, because they said unit would **** in about 24 hours and I wanted to check in and see why I didn't get a notification of shipment.

I'm put on hold for a bit while he checks it out with manager, and said they "closed my order." He asked did I ever cancel the order? I said, no. Turns out they "lost my box" or unit upon checkout, whatever that means and that he corrected it, and will now fall in queue with the rest of the folks and that my order will not take 3-4 more weeks to ship.

At this point I'm mad, but I have enough decency to know that I'm getting a pretty good deal here with the upgrade, so I hold back going off on the guy, but should I hold back? It's been one hell of a cluster getting this thing and had I been using this thing, this is a pretty damn long time to have to deal with something like this.

Perhaps it's coincidental but man I've had some terrible customer service since Steve's passing. Yes, I know the whole company didn't rear it's head after his passing, but I've just had some terrible run-ins. I won't all of a sudden become anti-Apple, but it is causing me to lose some faith of great customer service that I have previously had.

Sorry for the long post. :confused:

jwdawso

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2002
I just got my 6th gen silver 8gb replacement like everyone else. Thanks apple! They even sent it 2 day by aircraft!
Here is a time breakdown for my white iPod Nano 1G 2GB.
I requested a replacement on December 21st 2011.
I received the envelope on the 28th and sent it back on the 30th.
Apple received the envelope on January 6th 2012, and identified the issue on the 7th.
Apple shipped a 6th gen nano on February 21st.
I received the new nano on February 23rd.
The whole process took 65 days or 9 weeks.

Mine was exactly the same except for about 4 days later. I just got mine 2 days ago (Feb 22), for some reason beating you by a couple of days.

jedipimping

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2011
Thought I'd share mine:

Service Requested: December 20, 2011

Received: January 13, 2012
Service (Issue Identified): January 13, 2012
Return: February 28, 2012

Here's hoping I get it this week!

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I just got my replacement..... Think there is something broken with it. Plugged it in to sync it, all I get is a white screen. Unplug it, screen eventually goes to the homepage, but everything is reverted. Sleep and wake fixes the issue. Plug it in again, same issue. Restore. Doesn't fix it. Reset. Doesn't work. Wiggle cable, brings screen back. Something lose in between the logic board and LCD?

Played with it a bit more...... Definitely has to do something with the dock connector.

Last edited:

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
not going to lie, i preferred the 1st gen to the 6th gen that i received..

Using it as an iPod, so far I will agree with you from playing with mine. But, it is going to be an awesome watch. :)

Now if that watchband will be delivered already....... It's been an hour away from me for the past 2 days.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.