Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jji7skyline

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
I'm installing punbb, but it asks for my database name for MySql.

Does anyone know what it it? :/

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
That depends on who your host is. Most web hosts have an online control panel where you manage your databases. Alternatively, you could install your own copy of phpMyAdmin. Or, if your host offers shell access you could do it from the command-line.
Check your host's documentation on MySQL support.

jji7skyline

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
That depends on who your host is. Most web hosts have an online control panel where you manage your databases. Alternatively, you could install your own copy of phpMyAdmin. Or, if your host offers shell access you could do it from the command-line.
Check your host's documentation on MySQL support.
I'm hosting it myself though.

codyc1515

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2008
So copy phpMyAdmin into your web directory and use it there. Google documentation for it. :D

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Your best bet is to install MAMP which gives you a self contained PHP, MySql, Apache environment. It also comes with phpmyadmin.

It's the easiest way to do what you want without screwing up your OSX installation.

Just google MAMP and you'll find it.

jji7skyline

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Your best bet is to install MAMP which gives you a self contained PHP, MySql, Apache environment. It also comes with phpmyadmin.

It's the easiest way to do what you want without screwing up your OSX installation.

Just google MAMP and you'll find it.

I know MAMP, but heard it's not as secure... :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.