Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The size of that thing is ridiculous to compare with the size of an iPhone.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
That woman sounds like she wouldn't even know how to make a call on a phone never mind anything else.

Last edited:

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
In other words: 'I am depressed because my phone can't crop a head off and put it some place else'.

Jealous, upset, embarrassed and depressed ladies and gentlemen.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
So they find the most ignorant person on the street and ask them if they KNOW how to do things on their phone... and they don't. This really has nothing do with the phone - just the intelligence of the person holding the tool.

What a terrible spin - only in the world of marketing.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

Good luck trying convince the world your phone is better when 1) it's too big, 2) Android is second rate, 3) it's never going to have the feel and look of iPhone (just like the others), and 4) all the while you're making fun of Apple users.

Next thread.

NakedSnake

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Unfortunately, the commercial highlights the skill of the user rather than the phone itself. Give the woman the Galaxy Note; I'm sure she still wouldn't be able to do any of those tasks.

CodexMonkey

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
I have a Mac. And Photoshop. Sure, phones need some extra functionality but I don't want to create birthday cards on one. What next? The Samsung Galaxy Note with built-in fan oven in case you get peckish when you're about and about?

Grow up, Samsung.

blahbrah

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2006
Ambush someone with tasks they were unaware were possible with their phone and then show them in a rehearsed demo "all the amazing things" you can do. Good work Samsung!

djrod

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
Lady just open the App Store and stop embarrassing yourself! You can download stuff to behead your friends heads into your phone you know?

Kid A

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
I have a Mac. And Photoshop. Sure, phones need some extra functionality but I don't want to create birthday cards on one. What next? The Samsung Galaxy Note with built-in fan oven in case you get peckish when you're about and about?

Grow up, Samsung.

but for those that DO what to create birthday cards on one, there are plenty of iOS apps for that.

WhoDaKat

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
Ok, wow. The guy on the Samsung, clearly, was ready for this little quasi-competition and the iPhone lady is just an actress they are paying to be an idiot. "WHAT... MY PHONE CAN'T DO THAT!"

Does that stupid, gigantic phone actually have some kind of native ability to crop my head off my picture and add it to someone else? Um, aren't there like a dozen apps that can do that sans stylus? Luckily for me, Apple is smart enough to keep the stupid crap out of the OS and let the apps handle that kind of thing.

If this is seriously the distinctions that Samsung wants to draw, then they need more help than just fixing their crappy devices. Oh, I can draw my own route out on a map. Yeah, thats something I've been missing! I've said to myself countless times, if only I could draw out my own route on this map with a 3" pencil. That dude should try, "hey Siri, how do I get here?".

Dresling

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Randers. Denmark
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

To me it seems clear that Samsung has no intention of trying to convince Apple users to switch to Android, as much as they are just reassuring everybody else that Apple-fanboys are redicilous and it's cool to make fun of them. The message to Android users is clear to me; "Stay the course."

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Samsung trying to take on Apple's mindshare = losing proposition.

All Samsung is really achieving:

1) Hurting other Android OEMs

2) More free advertising for Apple.

baileyw813

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
the size of that thing...

Does anyone else remember when the original iPhone came out in '07 and everyone was saying how BIG it was and that it was a brick to carry around with you?! And that is with its 3.5" screen... What I find funny is that these same people and cell phone manufacturers are making their phones BIGGER and BIGGER. 5.3" REALLY?!

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
For the second task couldn't she have used google maps with pins and current location then taken a screenshot? Also for the third could have used keynote. They could have picked someone with a little more knowledge than her as well. Oh well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.