Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
So dumb. Apple pays people nothing to boast their logos yet they put them all over their cars and walls as if worshipping them. I love Apple but putting their logos everywhere is kinda.. too much. Don't ya think?

They give them out for free and if people want, they put them up. People put up Ferrari stickers too. It's a personal choice. Why do you have such a problem with it? People don't pay you enough attention, is that why you're calling them dumb? Here, look, I'm doing it right now :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: what are you gonna do about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

noah76

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
Pomona , NY
Dude do you know that sign you have that I made for Apple was sold to them for over $2000? Apple is going to wonder why they are a missing a sign. That worker had no right to just give it to you or your friend. Just letting you know. Hell I want one too now.

toxthexnines

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
405/918
Dude do you know that sign you have that I made for Apple was sold to them for over $2000? Apple is going to wonder why they are a missing a sign. That worker had no right to just give it to you or your friend. Just letting you know. Hell I want one too now.

$2,000? I definitely got it for next to nothing. From what my brother said, him and his friend asked one of the workers about it. He told them it wasn't on the list of items Apple wanted back from the old store. Said if they came back for it they could have it. Apparently a few other students wanted it but never came back to take it.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
well I put the metal on a water jet .Cut the shape out. Sandblasted the sides. Stain the front. Then I Sparyed laquer. Then shipped off to Apple to hang in the stores.

way too much work. cut it out of brushed dibond cut the back out of black gatorfoam glue together you have a light weight great looking sign.

noah76

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
Pomona , NY
way too much work. cut it out of brushed dibond cut the back out of black gatorfoam glue together you have a light weight great looking sign.

Whats to much work? Total real hands on time is like 1.5-2 hours.Water Jets cuts. Hand work, spray , bake for 2 hours . Done. And Apple wanted 1/4" aluminum.

32gb3gwifi

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2011
i think that is a little overkill. that would be best hanging in a garage or a game room. in a bedroom its a little tacky. but its still freaking awesome, it gives me that pirate feeling. you gotta tell everyone "look, this is the :apple: sign from my local store. I stole it :cool:"

luisdent

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2012
another sign

Awesome. So, what am I supposed to do with the sign I got?? ;)

http://tinypic.com/r/1g2nd/6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.