Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DustinDev47

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
I have some duplicate photos in my Photo Library and I can't delete them.

Apple has really made a bad choice with this.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
your photos are being synced from somewhere. plug in your iPhone then click your iPhone on the left and click the Photos tab at the top. what does it say next to "Sync photos from ______" and is the box next to that checked?

DustinDev47

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
your photos are being synced from somewhere. plug in your iPhone then click your iPhone on the left and click the Photos tab at the top. what does it say next to "Sync photos from ______" and is the box next to that checked?

Yeah I have it syncing with a folder full of pictures.

How can I delete specific pics or put them in camera roll so I can delete them?

ifounda

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2012
hey!

itunes - youriphone- photos - click little box to "sync photos from" - create an empty folder on your desktop - sync with that folder and it will delete the library and whatever extra folders in your albums except for camera roll. :)

millysili

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2013
How to Delete Photos from Photo Library

To permanently delete photo on iPhone,you can use a iPhone data eraser,there are some iPhone data eraser software in the market, but few can be completely and permanently delete the data on iPhone, even if data has been cleared, some professional iPhone data recovery software can recover them later.
Please read this use guide about how to Permanently Erase iPhone Photo Before Selling your iPhone.So no one can get you personal information and data from iPhone,after you sell, donate or give it away.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.