Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Anyone pick ne up? I tho I may get it with the next preorder

How do you lke it with the iPhone app and hoes the accuracy. Thx

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Anyone pick ne up? I tho I may get it with the next preorder

How do you lke it with the iPhone app and hoes the accuracy. Thx

Got my fuelband in yesterday and that app works perfectly with it. The accuracy is spot on. A little overview for ya:

The main screen shows how much fuel you have gained and how close you are to your goal (mine is set at 2000). Also shown on the main screen are calories burned, steps taken and distance walked.

The next screen over shows a graph of activity of the day. You can switch to see daily, weekly, monthly or yearly graphs of activity.

The third and final screen shows total nikefuel since day 1, your best day, best week and best month.

Ive only synced the app to the band a couple of times as the same information on the 1st screen (calories, fuel, steps and distance) are all on the band itself. I can see the app being more useful over time to see previous activity. There are also ways you can post your achievements and data to facebook and twitter but I wont be doing that.

Let me know if you have any other questions on the band or app.

stickboy2k

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2012
I got one of these for my wife. Came in yesterday. She loves it so far.
I will say, it looks so cool I almost want one for a watch!

bobby.is.rad

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
The app integration with the iPhone is excellent, and syncing it is really easy. Just open the app and press the button on the fuelband. The preliminary fit and finish of the whole experience has been great so far.

spencerlamb

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Nike Fuelband to the UK

Do you think there would be an issue if I get someone to ship me one over to the UK as the release date is not until May 1st? And its cheaper in the US.

It would work would'nt it?

Thanks
Spencer.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
I got my fuelband. So far so good.

Does anyone know how to get your photo onto the app. I've uploaded my photo to the nikeplus site but it doesn't appear on the app even after they sync.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
Living in Canada. I remember when the Jawbone Up was released, had to wait a while too. Now I just have to wait for this thing.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i've been very interested in this. i can't decide whether the Up or the FuelBand is a better investment so hopefully reviews start coming out and i can compare the two.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Does the Nike Fuel band do sleep tracking like the Jawbone UP?

It doesn't.

----------

I'm interested in getting one, but they seem pricey for a glorified pedometer :(

It is basically an activity monitor, and if you are into tech and fitness it's a cool motivational tool.

----------

I got my fuelband. So far so good.

Does anyone know how to get your photo onto the app. I've uploaded my photo to the nikeplus site but it doesn't appear on the app even after they sync.

Can anyone here who uses this with the iPhone app let me know if have been able to get your photo onto the app.
Thanks.

Raphael96

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Does anybody else have any experiences with the fuelband?

I'm considering getting one and would like all the input I can get.

Thanks!

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have the app. Still trying to figure out how to get my hands on one.

I didn't know about it to catch the first preorder and I tried to get it on the 22nd and it sold out as soon as I could add one to my cart. Maybe i'll be able to get one on Wednesday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.