Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
When I was at Best Buy last night, I also noticed that iMacs were on sale. You can see this on BestBuy.com as well, where prices are discounted by about 5%:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...SP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0500000

This is also true of the Minis and the Mac Pros, as well as all of their laptops:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Laptop-Computers/MacBooks/pcmcat247400050001.c?id=pcmcat247400050001

So, if you're going to judge by price alone, I think you have to conclude that either all of their computers are about to be updated (unlikely given the Ivy Bridge timeline delays) or that prices at Best Buy are not enough to say whether or not a product update is imminent.

(Although there's certainly plenty of other evidence to suggest an iPad update around March 7 or so.)

All Apple computers have been on sale at the Best Buys in Oklahoma City since at least November.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Hopefully the price hike rumours arent true.

Given that the source was foreign it is very likely that the prices listed were the local ones and not the US

----------

If 4g is already built in, and no wifi option is available,

Apple isn't going to shoot themselves but removing wifi from the units. THey might drop the wifi only at some point but there won't be a 4g or even 3g only model unless such a change is required by local law and then it will only be the units sold in that area

----------

When I was at Best Buy last night, I also noticed that iMacs were on sale. You can see this on BestBuy.com as well, where prices are discounted by about 5%:

This is also true of the Minis and the Mac Pros, as well as all of their laptops:

Makes sense. Best Buy has to do something to get folks to buy there and not at Apple or Apple.com. Since they can't do something like offer exclusive training programs that can only be bought when you buy at Best Buy (aka the current rules on Apple's 'one to one'), lowering prices is the next tactic

SilenceBe

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2009
Belgium
In the Belgian store iPad 2 (revised models) also have shown up in big numbers this week.

You can say "big deal" but what is remarkable that we don't get a lot of refurbished models to buy in the online store. It is so rare that even a big Belgian newspaper picked it up as a news story.

Seems that even Apple is selling off some of its stock.

Sportcat

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Anderson, SC
I went ahead and bought my first iPad on Saturday for $499. Woke up Sunday morning to an e-mail showing they were now $449. I took my receipt up to Best Buy and they happily refunded the difference.

I'm very pleased with the 16gb wi-fi version. I don't think there is anything in the rumored three that I need.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I went ahead and bought my first iPad on Saturday for $499. Woke up Sunday morning to an e-mail showing they were now $449. I took my receipt up to Best Buy and they happily refunded the difference.

I'm very pleased with the 16gb wi-fi version. I don't think there is anything in the rumored three that I need.

Contentment is good.

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
It's a bad news for those who trying to get rid of their current iPads to upgrade. I'm glad that I've sold mine last week, although it's painful to have no iPad for a few more weeks.

Just sold mine this weekend. I'm just going to go to the Apple Store and pick/rent an iPad 2 up for a few weeks. No restocking fees, no big deal.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Just as I said in the other thread-- now I REALLY don't know what to do... with the iPad 2 price dropping and the rumor of the price of the 3 going up... ugh.

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
Just as I said in the other thread-- now I REALLY don't know what to do... with the iPad 2 price dropping and the rumor of the price of the 3 going up... ugh.
Just wait and see how it all turns out. It would be a bad move by Apple to boost the price of the iPad. Talk about bad press...

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Just wait and see how it all turns out. It would be a bad move by Apple to boost the price of the iPad. Talk about bad press...

Thanks. I probably will... but I know it's going to be impossible to get my hands on an iPad 3 within the first couple of weeks of it coming out (and I REFUSE to line up like cattle)... my wifes b-day is on march 16th and I really wanted to give her one for her b-day...

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
Maybe Apple is pulling out of Best Buy... the Apple section at my local Best Buy is always a disheveled mess. It has always surprised me that Apple lets Best Buy get away with representing their products and brand in such a poor light.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Wow. The Apple TV is now sold out online too at Best Buy.

Could we see a new Apple TV tomorrow ?

[update]

Apple B&M stores show this for the Apple TV :

Most stores show available March 7th.

Attachments

• appletvsoldoutinapplestores.png
    appletvsoldoutinapplestores.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

BaBaBoooooooey

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
I dont know.
Would apple reveil the Ipad 3 and upgrade the MacbookPro, Imac and Apple TV, all at the same event??
Wouldnt this take away from either or all of the new products by releasing them all at the same time?
It just doesnt seem like something apple will do. They have their hands full with iOS 5.1 and Ipad 3.

Also, when it comes to the battery and the LTe, Thats why the rumored iPad 3 is a little thicker than the iPad 2, its rumored to have a bigger battery to keep the legendary 10 hour battery life!

mac4good84

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2012
Please Apple

Just announce the date for this so we can plan accordingly; I have my ipad on my nighttable and the first thing I do in the morning is check to see if they have made an annoucement for this. haha!

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
Thanks. I probably will... but I know it's going to be impossible to get my hands on an iPad 3 within the first couple of weeks of it coming out (and I REFUSE to line up like cattle)... my wifes b-day is on march 16th and I really wanted to give her one for her b-day...
If you like what you see when the iPad 3 is announced (the press conference precedes the actual release) you could pre-order it. I pre-orded the iPhone 4S and it got to me on the same day the new iPhones hit the Apple stores. It doesn't cost anything extra.

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Just sold mine this weekend. I'm just going to go to the Apple Store and pick/rent an iPad 2 up for a few weeks. No restocking fees, no big deal.

It is not renting, it's causing a company to lose money for your selfish intentions. When you say it that way it sounds more like theft doesn't it?

I suppose you think it's OK for old people to steal batteries too!

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I'm in a self-induced dilemma. I sold my 32 3G 2 last week (for a happy price), knowing full well when the 3 comes out I'd want it, and now I miss me' 'Pad and need a fill in.

or... if the 3 is not all that compelling, then just keep a cheaper used 16gb 2 I've been shopping for.

I guess I need to wait. I kept my 1 when the 2 came out, but sure enough within days I had to get one, and found a used 3G iPad2.
so I know I'll want the 3 when it's announced. iFever I guess.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
If you like what you see when the iPad 3 is announced (the press conference precedes the actual release) you could pre-order it. I pre-orded the iPhone 4S and it got to me on the same day the new iPhones hit the Apple stores. It doesn't cost anything extra.

Thanks for the advice. Did you pre-order directly from Apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.