Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinooo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, I just gotten my ipad 2 and would like to seek advise here on where can I pick up an ipad 2 cover immediately in Los Angeles vicinity?

I dun wish to wait for online shipping, hence does anyone knows of any shops that are selling a variety if ipad 2 cover? Thanks much! :)

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Or Walmart or Target or BestBuy? Around here (ATL) every one of these store has them in stock, although selection may vary.

I can't imagine Los Angeles would be much different.

dinooo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I am sorry. I am actually looking for those 3rd party folio (or full cover type).
I went looking around the best buy, walmart, target etc in my city here with no avail. Thought LA might be different.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I am sorry. I am actually looking for those 3rd party folio (or full cover type).

Ah, okay, seemed you were asking about the Apple Smart Cover.

I think third party covers are starting to trickle out, but not in wide retail availability yet. Best bet may be to go to Amazon.com and see whats available.

CAWjr

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Most all of the 3rd party folio type covers are online only right now. They can get them out online a lot faster than they can stock up retail shelves. Plus, the reputable manufacturers want to get it right before they fill the supply chain.

I picked up a cheap one on buy.com & got it delivered in 2 days for $15 total. it is not a long term cover, but it will provide protection in the interim until the real quality covers start to come out.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I think there are a couple of Microcenters in the LA area, they tend to have a fair selection of ipad cases. Check microcenter.com -- if you select your closest store I think the website can even show you what is in stock.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Pretty sure the original poster was (hopefully) able to find a cover for his iPad in Los Angeles by now.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
After almost a year, i hope the OP isn't still wandering around LA looking for a cover. Clearly, some people don't bother looking at how old the thread is they're responding to. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.