Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickeames

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I am having nothing but troubles -- my name and password are correct and work for mail, but when trying to remote admin the machine on even the local network, neither application can connect to the server. It just says it cannot connect. I've tried rebooting and even made sure that the advice at the following article was followed, to no avail. It simply won't let me connect any longer. What else can I try?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3960

I know the name and password are correct because I can log into the machine directly with them, and I can still get my mail, I just can't admin the machine at all. Frustrations galore.

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
Hmmm, this is the exact problem I'm currently experiencing. Everything was fine with my Server until I upgraded to 10.7.3, at which point SMB started returning invalid password ( AFP worked fine ). I changed my password on the server using Server.app ( SMB still failed ), and then via Users & Groups. SMB started working, but remote Server.app / Admin stopped. I removed the login details from Keychain on my remote machine and re-connected. Server.app still fails but Admin works fine...

rickeames

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
It gets worse

So not only is it rejecting my password to admin the machine from Server.app on a remote computer, it's rejecting my password for VPN. This is making me nuts -- how can it accept my password for some things and not others? (Screen sharing, for example, lets me in with my password, as does Mail).

hydrotex

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2012
I'm having the exact same situation. I can share the server's screen, but all other connections are no longer functioning since upgrading to 10.7.3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.