Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Read It Later developer Steve Streza has provided MacStories with a few photos showing that exterior work is underway on preparing the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco for Apple's iPad 3 media event next Wednesday. The company typically covers the theater's exterior glass wall with panels creating a large banner image, and this event appears to be no exception.

yerba_buena_banner_in_progress_ipad_3.jpg

The banners are typically tied into the graphics found on the event invitations, but it is not yet evident what the final image for this event will be once crews have completed their work.

Update: The banner is almost complete, with the large white apple logo in the middle of what appears to be a vibrant splash of paint.

yerbabuenafinal.jpg

Thanks to Resolve Digital developer David Jones (@d_jones)

Article Link: Banners Begin Going Up at Yerba Buena for iPad 3 Media Event

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
I love the anticipation as much as the next person, but 3 photos of people putting up a yellow piece of paper?

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
I love the anticipation as much as the next person, but 3 photos of people putting up a yellow piece of paper?

pssst...save your energy for things you like...first your eyeballs were subjected to strain for no meaningful return, your brain cells were sapped and neuron energy drained while thinking for the right words, then your musculature exerted energy typing and all could have been saved by moving on.

being of a more animalistic nature, my eyeballs love color and they're on an eye endorphin high right now, my brain cells are clicking wondering what the new behemoth of an iPad will reveal, so I'm a happy viewer (and possibly, much younger with more time to spend on such frivolous things) but, it's fun.

aprofetto8

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
It's yellow! Yellow? The sun is yellow. Sun? The sun is hot. Hot? Batteries can get hot. Batteries? BATTERIES!? BIGGER BATTERY MAYBE!?!?!?!?!

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
Why couldn't they post higher res photos so that we could try and figure out what it's a picture of?

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
I wonder what happens to those banners after the shows.

Apple created an instant teleportation device to transfer anything they want hidden to a black hole in space... That's where they keep all of their secrets. :apple:

Only problem is, it's hard to read the documentation on how to use it on the iPad because of mediocre resolution... Which is why the retina display was created for the iPad 3. :cool:

- Joe

thepixelforest

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
I've got it!

Yellow Submarine iPad! No wait... the competition will piss themselves when they see the retina display!

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004

:D

Its up there with the recent photo of a jumbo jet which may or may not have been getting loaded with iPads.

Having said that, I am more excited by this than I have been about any Apple event for ages - mainly because I've got the plastic ready to get our first iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.