Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NotPC72

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
Terra Firma
How after event will they be in shops?? Any guesses??

I'm excited. How long till they are in shops... a month ?? Longer???:eek:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
The yellow is similar to The Beatles Love album

Love_%28The_Beatles_album%29.jpg

yerba_buena_banner_in_progress_ipad_3_2.jpg

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
The banner that will launch a thousand rumors.

LOL, so true. We all saw what the event invitation caused, with just a picture of a finger hovering over the Calendar app. I'm sure the final picture of the banner will lead to a million new theories. And I cannot wait to read each and everyone of them. :)

Last edited:

MrMacintoshBlog

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Chicago, IL
Banners Begin Going Up at Yerba Buena for iPad 3 Media Event

Update: Work continues on the banner.

Update2: Work continues on the banner.

Update3: Banner is complete.

:rolleyes:

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Take it with a grain of salt…

…while in Cupertino recently I "overheard" that the big(ger) announcement will be the new TV (w/ possible Siri and gestures). I was surprised to learn this as the rumor mills have been abuzz with iPad's and a new Apple TV, but it seems there is a possibility that AAPL might be showcasing the rumored television with sales later this year. :)

(and I swear I'm not making this up, there'd be no point as I'd come off like a dolt) :p

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I love the anticipation as much as the next person, but 3 photos of people putting up a yellow piece of paper?

Anyone else notice the fourth person, hidden in the shadows at bottom right? If that means what I think, this going to be huge!

I’m curious whether they’ll put the middle section up next, or do the middle last.

gr8whtd0pe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2008
Dallas, NC
LOL, so true. We all saw what the event invitation caused, with just a picture of a finger hover the Maps app. I'm sure the final picture of the banner will lead to a million new theories. And I cannot wait to read each and everyone of them. :)

Calendar* app

NotPC72

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
Terra Firma
No home button

Well that be one less part that could go wrong. Sure more than a few ipads had to go back to store after wear and tear on home buttons.

:eek:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
…while in Cupertino recently I "overheard" that the big(ger) announcement will be the new TV (w/ possible Siri and gestures). I was surprised to learn this as the rumor mills have been abuzz with iPad's and a new Apple TV, but it seems there is a possibility that AAPL might be showcasing the rumored television with sales later this year. :)

(and I swear I'm not making this up, there'd be no point as I'd come off like a dolt) :p

No need to worry. you've already succeeded in that.

:p

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
It's like that old game show where they revealed squares and underneath was some kinda onomatopoeia-picture puzzle.

Wilder

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2011
Why couldn't they post higher res photos so that we could try and figure out what it's a picture of?

It's an eye in different colours like the one used for the Retina Display icon with an Apple logo in the centre, as is tradition.

Retina_icon.jpg

yerba_buena_banner_in_progress_ipad_3_3.jpg

keynote-3.jpg

Apple-Yerba-Buena-022811.jpg

Last edited:

sebimeyer

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
I am not sure why people complain this, as well as the pic of the Jumbo jet, should not be on this site.

I find it much more exciting than who is suing who over what patent. An actual product? Yeah... let's not get excited over that... :rolleyes:

Remember when MacRumors used to be all about actual products? Not saying it should not also report on things like finances and patents, but le'ts not forget that that is not why we get excited about Apple.

I've been waiting for the iPad 3 since the iPad 2 was announced. Back then I convinced myself that as a photographer I really should wait untill they have a retina display. I honestly believed they would surely release one by the years end. Maybe Steve's passing and the Japan Earthquake/tsunami held them back... who knows, but I have been waiting and waiting.

Hell, can't remember the last time I was this giddy about an Apple product.

Oooohhh... and iOS6? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.