Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikkidomeafavor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
Hi everyone... I just got a new iPhone 4s and I pretty much got the ringtone thing down to the part where they appear in my "tones" section under "device" on my iTunes... BUT where are they on my phone???? i cant find them under settings, ringtones... nor when i look under rintones when trying to apply them to a certain contact. how do i get them to actually go to my phone?? :confused:

ann713

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2008
California
They should be in Settings > 'Ringtone', in a column right above the default ringtones. When you plugged in your iPhone, did you check 'Sync Ringtones' AND the ringtones that you made or bought, are they in the 'Tones' section in iTunes?

nikkidomeafavor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
they do appear in the "tones" section on itunes.. but they wont go to my phone. they are not there, under settings, ringtones, above the default ones. am i doing something wrong? where exactly is the "sync ringtones" on the itunes?

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
they do appear in the "tones" section on itunes.. but they wont go to my phone. they are not there, under settings, ringtones, above the default ones. am i doing something wrong? where exactly is the "sync ringtones" on the itunes?
Do you see them here?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-04 at 12.14.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-04 at 12.14.46 AM.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 452

falterego

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
Southern California
Just posted about this in another thread, but figured I'd chime in here too. I have gone through every step in the sync process, and I've tried both "All Tones" and "Selected Tones" options. My ringtones show up in the Tones area and in the list of selected tones, but somehow only 2 out of 5 sync to my phone.

As I said in the other thread, I used the same method to create all the ringtones, and my wife's iPhone has the same problem on her computer where 2 out of 4 sync, even though all are listed and selected for sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.