Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iking D man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Please someone help me on how can I unlock my iPhone 4 ??
It was originally purchased at japan (softbank - name of the carrier)
I dont know what to do so I can use it here in the Philippines..
Also I'm planning to subscribe to one of our provider here maybe GLOBE..
Phone info:
iOS version 4.1
Firmware 02.10.04

Please! Please! Please! Help me.. :)))

Thanks a Ton.

Iking D man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
So I will keep my iOS as 4.1? How can I use some latest application? :( I also asked a store here nearby and I wa told that he can keep the firmware to 02.10.04 plus update the version to 5.0.1 then at the same time I can have it unlocked and use local network provider????

Do think this is all true?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
So I will keep my iOS as 4.1? How can I use some latest application? :( I also asked a store here nearby and I wa told that he can keep the firmware to 02.10.04 plus update the version to 5.0.1 then at the same time I can have it unlocked and use local network provider????

Do think this is all true?

Yes, 02.10.04 is your baseband version. Not the firmware.
Your firmware is 4.1
You can update to a custom 5.0.1 ipsw with redsnow and keep your old unlockable baseband version.
You will still need to buy a gevey.

Iking D man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Now, I have the Gevey sim inserted and currently using a local sim network.. Also still have the version 4.1 ..
I would like to upgrade it to 5.0.0 or 5.0.1
Please show me how.. :) thanks a million. :D

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Now, I have the Gevey sim inserted and currently using a local sim network.. Also still have the version 4.1 ..
I would like to upgrade it to 5.0.0 or 5.0.1
Please show me how.. :) thanks a million. :D

Go to iClarified.com and get a tutorial that uses Redsn0w and includes a No_BB IPSW to preserve your 2.10.xx baseband

Just remember, the clock is ticking
Once Apple stops signing 5.0.1, you can only go to 5.1 (and Redsn0w won't work for doing that)

Iking D man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Guys.. Sorry for being so stupid.. :( can you please send me the URL? And where to go..
Coz I've been looking but I can't find the right tutorials..
Please please I'm badly begging you guys..

Thanks sooooo much..

Iking D man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Hi. I keep on trying to look for the right tutorial but have no luck.
Please guys help me..
Some tutorials are for Mac but currently I'm using win7 computer.

cashel26

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
my iphone 4s(softbank carrier) from japan was updated in version 6.0.1 in Philippines(already using the gevey sim before updating).. after updating it says "only compatible sim cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone" ..but i've lost my softbank(sim). what should i do???? :confused:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
You can try and find a grey market vendor who can IMEI unlock your phone.
I do know that IMEI unlocks for SoftBank phones are very hard to find.
Many others have posted this repeatedly.

PLEASE DO HELP ME!!! on how to openline my iphone 4 black edition from japan.

I want to use it here in the philippines. Please do help me :(

It was originally purchased at japan. I dont think that it is softbank. but maybe it is. idk :( also im planning to subscribe to one of our provider here maybe GLOBE.

Phone Information:
iOS version: 6.1.3
Modem Firmware: 04.12.05
32 GB
Black Edition
Japan Baseband

Pleaaaase do heeeellllp meee!!!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
I want to use it here in the philippines. Please do help me :(

I want to win lottery too. Please help me?

It was originally purchased at japan. I dont think that it is softbank. but maybe it is. idk :( also im planning to subscribe to one of our provider here maybe GLOBE.

Phone Information:
iOS version: 6.1.3
Modem Firmware: 04.12.05
32 GB
Black Edition
Japan Baseband

Pleaaaase do heeeellllp meee!!!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

What the hell is Japan Baseband?! Don't make things up!

If you actually READ the thread then you will know Modem Firmware IS the baseband.

You need to learn how to search and read. Not going to mouth feed you.

FlyUnlock.com

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
You can't unlock this one. I think you should rather stop searching for the unlock as you would be scammed by someone claiming he can unlock it. So beware !

angelikha27

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
HELP!!!! Can I update my Iphone4 from version 4.1 to 6.1.3

I already unlocked my phone using Gevey sim. My phone is from Japan and I'm using it here in the Philippines. I can already text or call in my phone but the problem is I can't download application because it requires a higher version. Can I update my phone from 4.1 to 6.1.3 using iTunes. Is it a good idea or not? What might happened to my phone if I update it?

Iphone 4
version 4.1
firmware 02.10.04

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I already unlocked my phone using Gevey sim. My phone is from Japan and I'm using it here in the Philippines. I can already text or call in my phone but the problem is I can't download application because it requires a higher version. Can I update my phone from 4.1 to 6.1.3 using iTunes. Is it a good idea or not? What might happened to my phone if I update it?

Iphone 4
version 4.1
firmware 02.10.04

If you update the baseband, the sim interposer will no longer work.
You can use Sn0wbreeze to update to 6.1.3 and preserve the baseband, but it will be a tethered jailbreak (if you require the jailbreak to use the sim interposer - that might be an issue)
Contact the sim manufacturer or retailer for correct support.

taetae22

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
hi, i am from the philippines

i saw the new iphone 5c and i told my aunt in the usa to buy one for me, and she bought at&t carrier or in short, the phone is not unlocked, since i asked her to buy the iphone5c which is & $99

so i just want to ask if the phone will still work here in the philippines,
i mean that i can still connect to wi-fi and use the applications even if it is at&t carrier, it does not matter that i cant insert sim and send texts and calls

will it still work as a recreational material? since i have an ordinary phone to use for texting and calling

please, im hoping for positive responses:)

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
hi, i am from the philippines

i saw the new iphone 5c and i told my aunt in the usa to buy one for me, and she bought at&t carrier or in short, the phone is not unlocked, since i asked her to buy the iphone5c which is & $99

so i just want to ask if the phone will still work here in the philippines,
i mean that i can still connect to wi-fi and use the applications even if it is at&t carrier, it does not matter that i cant insert sim and send texts and calls

will it still work as a recreational material? since i have an ordinary phone to use for texting and calling

please, im hoping for positive responses:)

It needs to be activated, so a AT&T sim should be included otherwise it won't activate, it does not need to be an active SIM wit an active acount.

You should be able to get a greymarket IMEI unlock really cheap for an AT&T phone, like $2, then you can use it for calls as well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.