Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
the dock from element case 119$ damm

http://www.tekcasesstore.com/shop/article_020014/PREORDER---Vapor-Dock-Silver-w_Silver-Ultrasuede-Insert-_-Matte-Finish.html?shop_param=cid%3D12%26aid%3D020014%26

Cutterschoice

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2012
then I would just ask for a refund. I had asked for a replacement of my white pro because where the two parts meet had a big seam and even asked for a spectra pro instead. they were more than happy to exchange it for me, paid for return label and shipped the replacement for free. My issue was more minor than yours, so I don't know why they wouldn't let you.

Finally got my reply from Element, they said there QC tested it on several iphones and said it was meant to be like that, got a refund and they only took $10 of the shipping so was happy with that.

Gutted i don't have the case, but glad i got a refund, thank you for your help. Wasn't really sure why they wouldnt just swap it over as they offered to send the same case back to me, but i declined.

brollikk

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
Just a piece of advice (I know someone JUST posted the same thing but...)

The foam inserts within the vapor pro completely determine how the case fits.

Any looseness can easily be adjusted by messing around with these foam pieces. They are just stickers you can peel off, trim, and put back no problem.

The aluminum parts are nearly all machine crafted and are pretty precise... its the foam that causes the variability in fit.

I've seen a bunch of these cases and when the foam pieces were adjusted, 100% of them fit perfect.

----------

And yes, my white vapor pro fit spot on after adjusting the foam a small amount.

I also have a lucky-labs type wrap around my antenna band and had no problems.

Cutterschoice

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2012
Just a piece of advice (I know someone JUST posted the same thing but...)

The foam inserts within the vapor pro completely determine how the case fits.

Any looseness can easily be adjusted by messing around with these foam pieces. They are just stickers you can peel off, trim, and put back no problem.

The aluminum parts are nearly all machine crafted and are pretty precise... its the foam that causes the variability in fit.

I've seen a bunch of these cases and when the foam pieces were adjusted, 100% of them fit perfect.

I would have done this, but was worried it would void the warranty, if I'm honest i didn't expect to spend $130 on a case plus $30 postage to then have to trim and shape it.

FJ2011

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011

Attachments

• DSC_3024.JPG
    DSC_3024.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
  • DSC_3027.JPG
    DSC_3027.JPG
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC_3028.JPG
    DSC_3028.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
Just got the new purple royal case for my wife. She really like it.... : )

Here is where I got the case from. Free shipping, no tax.....

I'm curious, why would you buy it from eBay instead of Element Case directly considering it's the same price. Not to mention you can get 10% off by buying direct.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I'm curious, why would you buy it from eBay instead of Element Case directly considering it's the same price. Not to mention you can get 10% off by buying direct.

I am totally agree with you. Also, I find 20% coupon with free shipping, I got my Vapor Pro White Edition only 109.99!!

krs7272

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2010
Detroit

I know the ebay route gives you the travel kit with purchase
Element = $10 also I think shipping from Element is $12 ebay + free

Ordered mine 2/29 and I still haven't gotten it :mad:. Looks sick though.

Did you order from Element?

FJ2011

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
I was thinking of ordering one. Are they out of stock? Seem like a long wait?

That's why I got it from ebay instead of Element Case. The price is free shipping + No Tax + Including Transit Kit + Ready to ship......

I bought the first Vapor case from Element Case. I waited for almost one month to receive my case.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
That's why I got it from ebay instead of Element Case. The price is free shipping + No Tax + Including Transit Kit + Ready to ship......

I bought the first Vapor case from Element Case. I waited for almost one month to receive my case.

I might got lucky, It took me one week to get my vapor pro - white edition.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.