Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Hi there,

Two questions...

1) I can't seem to get the Vita to connect to wifi at my hotel. Yes, this is the type of WiFi where I need to log in w/ my room number, etc. Does it not support this type of connection? If not, bummer...

2) Is USB charging supported? It seems to charge just fine when the USB cord is plugged into the adaptor and then into the wall, but it doesn't seem to charge when the USB cord is plugged into my computer.

lilcosco08

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2010
Dayton
1: Not sure

2: I think there's an option in settings to enable USB charging in settings. Then, it should charge via USB in sleep mode.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Hi there,

Two questions...

1) I can't seem to get the Vita to connect to wifi at my hotel. Yes, this is the type of WiFi where I need to log in w/ my room number, etc. Does it not support this type of connection? If not, bummer...

2) Is USB charging supported? It seems to charge just fine when the USB cord is plugged into the adaptor and then into the wall, but it doesn't seem to charge when the USB cord is plugged into my computer.

It supports cisco based logins like you are saying. I've used it at least. Every system is different though and I have had Hotel wifi be incompatible with some portable devices before.

USB charging is only supported when the system is off. Power off the system and plug it in to the PC, the charge light will come on. USB can't supply enough power to keep the screen and system going as well as charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.