Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Caribou Lake, Ontario. Chasing lake trout.

bjm7234.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
See the first post to this thread and read about quoting. You use the TIMG tag, or a browser extension.

The Safari extension just failed me on the image I quoted above, so I manually edited that response with a TIMG tag. I don't know why it didn't work as it has in the past and it is up to date and active on my system. Does TheReef have any ideas?

I use the manual version of the Safari extension, the one with a button in the browser bas so I can opt out of quoting thumbnails if I want. No issues so far.

Posting very large images will sometimes earn the intervention of a Moderator. It helps to keep posts sized to fit in a box 1024 wide and 800 high.

BTW: If anyone else needs help with posting or quoting images, the "One Click Access" in the first post is currently broken. The individual links work fine and the folder link in my sig is good to go as well.

Dale

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Heaven... sort of

Perhaps, but since your quote only shows a link, we don't know what you are referring to. ;)

Keebler was making a veiled reference to this shot.

bjm7187.jpg

Keebler, I saw your earlier reference to "Heaven". Thanks. It was not so heavenly in the bush this past weekend when these fishing shots were taken. Had a great day on Friday and then almost half a metre of snow created so much slush, only the big machines could move after that. 12 lake trout in one afternoon for 15 anglers. The fish fry was amazing.

Barry.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
His back link goes to a picture titled "Caribou Lake, Ontario. Chasing lake trout.".

yup and the one BarryJ re-posted.

It was a veiled reference to any ice fishing on remote lakes. No houses, no vehicles (except for sleds), hardly a soul = peace and quiet :)

One of the first things I remember about ice fishing is that it was so quiet, I could hear my ears ringing slightly - as if they were desperately trying to hear anything :)

Too bad about the slush...never a fun time :)

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.

I like the change in lighting from day to night. I checked it out at the link and noticed some banding in the change. Is that on the original photo and therefore a limit of the camera, or is that a compression artifact.

Also, what's the shutter setting. The water looks like it is frozen over.

Last edited:

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
I like the change in lighting from day to night. I checked it out at the link and noticed some banding in the change. Is that on the original photo and therefore a limit of the camera, or is that a compression artifact.

Also, what's the shutter setting. The water looks like it is frozen over.

Thanks. I do not know what it is but its like that on the original photo. You can notice it a bit more after some color correction within photoshop.
Shutter speed was at 8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.