Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
Seriously, what the ****?
It's an Apple app! And it's only available on USA Store... Should be released worldwide.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Not really as Photoshop for iPad does things beyond image touch up that iPhoto won't do.

You don't think Adobe is feeling the pushback on 1600x1600 (regardless of what iPhoto supports)? I find that hard to believe, more advanced editing options are fairly pointless when limited to such low resolution images.

HabSonic

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Canada
Just saw that image on Apple iPhoto for iPad page:

content

10.7.4 isn't out yet. I guess iPhoto for Mac will become fully compatible with iPhoto for iOS in the next update that will require 10.7.4.

http://www.apple.com/ca/ipad/from-the-app-store/apps-by-apple/iphoto.html

luckysob

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2011

mattraehl

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2005
There's already plenty of great photo editors for iOS. I was hoping for something that integrated/synced with iPhoto on the Mac. Bummer.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Are you printing your images onto billboards? If not why are you wasting the disk space to shoot 24 MP?

Well - what can I say. That is just the camera resolution. I have the Sony A65. On my Mac I use Aperture and I will continue to do so. It would have been interesting for travelling to use just the iPad for review and first corrections on the road. At home everything goes back into Aperture anyway. When I do only people, family pictures I reduce the resolution to 12MP but when I travel I like taking landscapes and actually don't want them in 12MP. 16MP would be alright as well but my cam just doesn't support it.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Looks very cool, SO glad I didn't get Photoshop for iPad (even though this release hadn't leaked), particularly since that one is limited to 1600 by 1600. Adobe has to be feeling that fire under their butt right now...

And funny that the Apple webpages for the app are up saying it's in iTunes but the link gives an error.

As others have noted, PS Touch is a completely different animal than iPhoto. That being said, I really hope that Adobe is feeling some pressure from the resolution that iPhoto and other apps support in contrast with the pathetic resolution that PS Touch supports. As it stands, the computer that I had twelve years ago, running PhotoShop could handle bigger documents than PS Touch, and it had the same screen resolution as the iPad (1 & 2). If an update comes that supports higher resolution but only for the iPad 3, I'll definitely be writing a letter of complaint...

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
That being said, I really hope that Adobe is feeling some pressure from the resolution that iPhoto and other apps support in contrast with the pathetic resolution that PS Touch supports.

Exactly my point. Whether iPhoto is intended for the same thing as PS touch is or not doesn't make the PS limitation any less of a drag. And the limitation makes PS pretty useless for me at this point while iPhoto is capable of working on my photos at the resolution I have.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Sadly, it seems to be missing one feature that would be most valuable to me: ability to rate and tag photos then synchronize against Aperture and iPhoto for Mac.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Sadly, it seems to be missing one feature that would be most valuable to me: ability to rate and tag photos then synchronize against Aperture and iPhoto for Mac.

Seriously, it still doesn't have that? I was shocked that the initial iPad photo app didn't have it...then again when iOS 5 came out and still no star rating...and now this really doesn't have it either?

celebi23

macrumors regular
May 31, 2004
CT
Really does suck that iPhoto doesn't support the 4th Gen iPod Touch. I mean, it supports the iPhone 4 so, an A5 isn't a requirement. Maybe there's a way to change one of the .plist files, in the app, to allow it to run on my iPod :p Anyone willing to try? :D

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
iPhoto now in the App store, just bought it (unfortunately won't be able to try it for a couple hours).

AppliedMicro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Also, interesting 'Beam' option in the sharing options. What's that then?
"you can beam photos between your iPhone and iPad"

Seems to be some sort of file sharing for photos between your devices.

I'd guess it'll also find its way to the Mac in two years or so (as so many features do a year or two later, after first appearing in iOS)

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Seems like this app is basically a suped-up version of the stock Photos app.

I wonder if Apple will allow us to remove the stock Photos app if we purchase iPhoto?

Hopefully they will. The standard photo app would seem redundant.

Does it let us make cards/books/etc??

I think iPhoto is an OK program. iPhotos card/book printing is SUPERLATIVE; that is the true strength of the program, beating to death all Hallmark stores and print services worldwide forever and ever.

Agreed! Nothing sucks more than being able to do all of your post in one app, then have to export and transfer your images to another app just to get them out to the world.

Making a change at that point becomes a 5 step process.

Are you printing your images onto billboards? If not why are you wasting the disk space to shoot 24 MP?

The amount of disk space needed for a 24MP image is negligible with 4TB disks on the market. Besides, no good shooter cripples themselves by shooting at a lower resolution just to save a few fractions of a cent on storage space.

That is almost a deal breaker.

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Well - what can I say. That is just the camera resolution. I have the Sony A65. On my Mac I use Aperture and I will continue to do so. It would have been interesting for travelling to use just the iPad for review and first corrections on the road. At home everything goes back into Aperture anyway. When I do only people, family pictures I reduce the resolution to 12MP but when I travel I like taking landscapes and actually don't want them in 12MP. 16MP would be alright as well but my cam just doesn't support it.

Yeah, you have a semi pro camera. I have a feeling it won't be too much of a wait for Aperture for iPad though.

Fandongo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Space
What kind of stupid limitation is that?

People who down-voted this are retards.

5dmkii = 21mp.
5dmkiii = 22mp.

Where the hell is the ipad for these people?

You know... the people MOST interested in having on-sight photo manipulation abilities.

Retina display huh?
That would sure make a great DSLR monitor/controller.

Oh right, it's just an overgrown toy that inherently illogically lacks functional use.

At least it has plenty of storage space to accommodate content lovers.
You know, the only reason in having it look pretty is for real content right?

$100 bucks more to get 32gigabytes?
....the size that was in the original ipod touch 5 years ago!!

The New iPad, 2 steps forward... 1,500 steps in a circle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.