Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just half an hour after the end of the event, Apple has already posted video of its third-generation iPad media event to its site.

cook_ipad_3_on_stage.jpg

Among the products announced at the event:

- Apple Introduces 'The New iPad' with Retina Display, A5X Chip, LTE, 5MP Rear Camera
- Apple Introduces New Apple TV Set-Top Box with 1080p Video and Updated Interface
- Apple Launches iPhoto for iPad with Photo Editing and Organization Features
- Apple Launching iOS 5.1 Today with Japanese Support for Siri Coming Soon

Article Link: Video of Apple's iPad Media Event Now Available

arian19

macrumors demi-god
Jul 9, 2008
Looks like they will be using the Macbook Pro/Air naming system from now on, no numbers...

Which most likely means they regret what they called the iPad 2, guess it will just be the anomaly.

kavika411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2006
Alabama
What are we to make of the "touch" comment on the invitation? Yes, I understand that the display of the new iPad is beautiful, but what of the "touch" comment? What makes the new iPad more touch-worthy than iPads 1 and 2? I don't understand why they'd deliberately include that word. Perhaps I'm overlooking something.

smartbot

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
I don't think they have the right video up yet... It's the video for the iPhone 4s.

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
So except for the renting display, Apple showed us again how dumb all these rumors are ROFLMAO, good for you Apple. :cool:

Looks like a new iPad 3/HD is in my future. ;)

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
What are we to make of the "touch" comment on the invitation? Yes, I understand that the display of the new iPad is beautiful, but what of the "touch" comment? What makes the new iPad more touch-worthy than iPads 1 and 2? I don't understand why they'd deliberately include that word. Perhaps I'm overlooking something.

You aren't overlooking, you're over thinking.

It's an iPad. You touch it. That's an important part of all iPads. It wasn't a foreshadowing of some amazing new different touch interaction, just a tagline for an iPad event.

daxomni

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Who would have thought we'd ever live in an era when you can use up your entire monthly data plan in fifteen minutes? What a magically awesome world we live in!

jkool

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
They should have rotoscoped out that guy's sweaty pits just before the 7 min mark

blockhed

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2004
Store is STILL down!

Does anyone else think this is an extraordinarily long time for the apple store to be down (updating)? The announcement ended over an hour ago, and I have been trying ever since to get access to teh store to order one of these modern marvels. In fact the store has been down for about 4 or 5 hours at this point. Am I just too anxious? or is there a real problem?

Lol - I've been hammering the refresh button like a mofo :D Trying to order a new iPad and an Apple TV.

bungiefan89

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Now I REALLY miss Steve Jobs! This Cook fellow just comes off so awkward during this presentation.

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
lame keynote?

Well, I was no big fan of Steve Jobs' keynotes, but I did admire his showmanship. Great Keynotes, no doubt.

But... is it just my perception, or was today's presentation extremely LAME?

I mean, regardless of how excited (or not) one can be for the new iPad, the keynote performers' style, rhythm and general organization was, IMO, just boring.

Or is it that this ***** doesn't bring the same excitement anymore? I mean, the will be "new" iCrap every year, new iOS, new OS X.... all with relatively marginal improvements over its predecessors. Rarely something groundbreaking...

Any thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.