Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Entirely predictable. As nice as Trulli is, Kovaleinen completely wiped the floor with him.

PS: Pachyderm, a negative vote, really?!;)

lol. not so much for you, but for the news. gave you a one+ this time tho.

even after you said that bit... :rolleyes: ;)

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
lol. not so much for you, but for the news. gave you a one+ this time tho.

even after you said that bit... :rolleyes: ;)

Hehe considering it was robbieduncan you negatived I'll take the positive.:p Unfortunately the car last year clearly didn't suit his style.

bobbyjames

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Lowestoft, UK
really looking forward to the new season, I just hope Sky Sports do a good job with it as I've enjoyed the BBCs coverage over the last few years.

I think it will take me a while to get used to the new cars with their new nose jobs!

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
really looking forward to the new season, I just hope Sky Sports do a good job with it as I've enjoyed the BBCs coverage over the last few years.

I think it will take me a while to get used to the new cars with their new nose jobs!

they are ugly. mcclaren tho, beautiful. i'll root for them. i hope Jarno can get a ride somewhere...

mark28

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2010
Can someone explain to me why these F1 cars have bumped noses all of a sudden?

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
from another forum i post @ :
KWSN - DSM said:
It appear as if it COULD have happened!!!!

I can not imaging Trulli saying what he does, unless there is some truth to it. He was at Toyota from late 2004 through 2009, think that we can look away from 2004 and 2009.

2005 - Replacing Barichello or Schumacher
2006 - Replacing Massa or Schumacher
2007 - Replacing Raikkonen or Massa
2008 - Replacing Raikkonen or Massa

Jarno Trulli has revealed he was offered a seat at the Ferrari team while he was racing for the Toyota team in Formula 1.

The veteran Italian is set to be absent from the grid this year after losing his seat at Caterham following a grand prix career that started in 1997 with the Minardi team.

Trulli, a one-time grand prix winner with the Renault team, raced for Toyota from the end of the 2004 season until 2009, when he moved to Lotus, now Caterham.

Speaking in an interview with Autosprint magazine, the Pescaran says former Ferrari boss Jean Todt offered him a seat to drive for the Italian squad, but he turned it down because he had committed to Toyota for the long term.

Trulli did not specify the year in which he was offered the drive, but said he felt like a Ferrari driver briefly.

"Nobody knows this, but at this point I think I can publicly thank Jean Todt for having been one of the few top team managers to consider me during my career. No one knows this, but Todt offered me a seat at Ferrari," Trulli was quoted as saying by Autosprint.

"I won't tell you when exactly: I was racing for Toyota and I was doing very well. But I had signed a rather long contract with the Japanese, and in my career I've always honoured my commitments. In 15 years of F1 I've never needed lawyers.

"I thank Todt not only for having offered me a drive at Ferrari, a chance that unfortunately I couldn't accept, but also for every time I asked for advice and received fine indications with a friendly approach.

"He has always been very honest with me. I've always kept this thing for me, but since today it's thanking time, I've felt like doing that. Regardless how things went, for a moment I felt I was a Ferrari driver."

Toyota is returning to Le Mans this year with an LMP1 programme and Trulli, who said he had a series of offers on the table, admitted he would like to return to the Japanese squad in another series.

"Toyota remains for me unfinished business," he said. "With them I started in a great way, with provisional pole in Japan. In 2005 at the second race I got on the podium, the team's maiden one, and in the first part of the season I was second in the standings behind Alonso.

"However we still lacked that development capability that was achieved later, so we lost ground. In 2009 I did everything in order to win the first race, but for many reasons we didn't manage to. Since I didn't manage to in F1, it would be nice to win a race for them in another series."

:coffee:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

toyota = nascar?

and suddenly i like jean todt!

at the 3rd or 4th U.S. gran prix@indy i met a guy who worked at a harley davidson shop in Indy. he was telling me and my buddy that he met Jarno while at work there that week and that he asked him if he would ever drive for ferrari and janro said, "pffft ferrari!".... must have been before the offer.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Last 2 cars revealed:

34xngi0.jpg

161x5oo.jpg

2wbxrv5.jpg

u24h1.jpg

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
So Marussia followed McLaren with not having a stepped nose. Not sure that's an indicator of a fast car though, given their track record ;)

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
With Formula 1 HD coming to Sky next week, this years coverage should be awesome!

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
With Formula 1 HD coming to Sky next week, this years coverage should be awesome!

You're not a certain recently departed News International boss with an attitude like that, are you?:p

Both the HRT [surely they could translate it into Spanish and improve the acronym] and Marussia look a bit shy on the sponsor front, the HRT in particular looking like it's trying to emulate Brawn. Without the worries of trying to placate their drivers when the other one wins, of course.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
I think the song works as a "goodbye montage" song, but as an entire series moment? The Chain was great, and even the ITV songs caught the same essence.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Decent tune, maybe, opening credits not.

I don't mind it as such, the montage has a certain charm to it, reminds me of the old BBC opening's back in the '80's.

The Chain was great

Presumably the BBC hold the licensing rights to The Chain and will continue to use it for their coverage, that and presumably even if they didn't, Sky would want to clearly distinguish themselves from the BBC.

The Chain will forever be synonymous with F1 though won't it.

The Chain was great, and even the ITV songs caught the same essence.

What Moby? :p

ITV's coverage of F1 will forever be the low point, remember all the coverage of Jenson Button's girlfriend when she attempted to start a singing career?

It was even worse when Lewis Hamilton started his career in F1. The whole coverage became a metaphorical bi-weekly masturbatory salute to Jenson & Lewis. It was f'king dreadful.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
I don't mind it as such, the montage has a certain charm to it, reminds me of the old BBC opening's back in the '80's.

Presumably the BBC hold the licensing rights to The Chain and will continue to use it for their coverage, that and presumably even if they didn't, Sky would want to clearly distinguish themselves from the BBC.

The Chain will forever be synonymous with F1 though won't it.

What Moby? :p

ITV's coverage of F1 will forever be the low point, remember all the coverage of Jenson Button's girlfriend when she attempted to start a singing career?

It was even worse when Lewis Hamilton started his career in F1. The whole coverage became a metaphorical bi-weekly masturbatory salute to Jenson & Lewis. It was f'king dreadful.

Didn't think the Chain would be licence for Sky - just thinking aloud. I actually thought ITV did a good job, especially considering they had the Ferrari dominance years with the boredom inherent to it. Not forgetting they started getting Martin Brundle and Ted Kravitz in the F1 show, with more in depth race coverage with Lousie Goodman, James Allen and Kravitz all providin great info mid race. And don't forget they actually employed people who knew about the sport cf James Allen and Jonathan Noble.

BTW anyone fancy entering this fantasy f1 "guessing game" from Autosport? Good prizes and free to enter, and you can set up a league. Unfortunately not entirely iPad friendly, but seems ok.http://predictor.autosport.com/my-team

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
That was some quali! What is going on at Ferrari? Great result for Grosjean. Bad day for Red Bull. Mercedes look competitive (thought Rosberg was gonna get pole at one point!).

Boullier protesting about the Merc, it's been cleared I think he's annoyed he didn't think of it first. He should be more concerned about his relationship with Raikkonen! Kimi says they didn't tell him to speed up, Boullier said Kimi made mistakes!

Heard a rumour on Twitter that Mclaren had to strip their car in front of the FIA in parc ferme, nothing seems to have come from it though.

HRT not aloud to race. Good, that's two mobile chicanes gone.

Great to have F1 back! Setting my alarm for tomorrow!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.