Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We've received word from several customers in the UK who ordered the new iPad immediately after launch that their orders have been delayed by several days. While at least one of these customers was initially quoted delivery for March 16 and another had been quoted a shipping window of March 16-19, Apple has now pushed back delivery for these customers to March 20 or 21.
Despite our best efforts and those of our shipping partners to get your order to you on time, we want to inform you that it will not arrive on its originally scheduled delivery date.
Your new delivery date is 20/03/2012.

Once you receive your Shipment Notification email, you can check the delivery status of your order by clicking the Track Shipment button, or by visiting the Apple Store and clicking Account.

We regret the delay and apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Apple Online Store
Meanwhile, numerous customers in the United States are reporting that they have received shipment notifications for their iPad orders.

ipad_3_shipping_tracking.jpg

As with previous launches, however, Apple will almost certainly be coordinating with its shipping partners to have the orders delivered on March 16, and shipping information for these customers does indeed reflect this date. It is possible, however, that a handful deliveries may slip through to reach customers a bit early as we have seen in the past.

As for new orders, availability continues to slip model-by-model as Apple runs out of its launch stock for the new device. In the United States, the white 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad has become the first Wi-Fi model to see its date slip, now showing a shipping date of March 19. A number of AT&T 4G LTE models are also listed as shipping on that date.

Article Link: Apple Pushing Back Initial iPad Orders in UK as Shipments to US Customers Begin

douglaswilliams

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Hoping...

Mine has shipped through FedEx.

Here's hoping for an early delivery!

Side note: I hope MacRumors will put together a list of True/False rumors and who was right/wrong on what. That would be a good story.

NathP

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
I'm UK and I ordered about 2am on the 8th. Still says Delivers on March 16 ;)

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
if i get that mail, then i'm tempted to queue up. not acceptable for preorders to be late imo, especially as apple have already taken money.

if they are going to be late, they should give you the option of instore pickup, and then deliver your ipad to the store later on

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
I ordered at 4:30 AM a 32GB White and mine's still on track for 16th, but have spoken to others that ordered just after midnight when the store started working again and they have had their orders delayed........

I think the UK store didn't process orders when it seemed to come back online at around midnight.

Lastof

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
I'm UK and I ordered about 2am on the 8th. Still says Delivers on March 16 ;)

From what people are saying those who have gotten this email still have March 16th listed online, but the email suggest otherwise.

Hopefully it is a mistake, or some kind of phising scam. And if not either of those hopefully my order at 11:45pm on the 7th will be fine (considering the store only came back for us at 11:30ish it better be).

Mo1959

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
Scotland
Just got in just now to an email saying delayed until 21st :( I ordered first thing yesterday and was initially told 16th. Pretty disappointed.

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Inverness, Scotland
Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the US store was up and running soon after the announcement finished, while the UK store didn't come back until just before midnight, about four and a half hours after Tim finished.

Jedi Alejandro

macrumors newbie
Annoyed

I ordered mine around 5am on Thursday and was given a March 16 date. Just been told it will be 21. My online order still says 16 March. Not a scam ethier, I called them up and they confirmed 21. Anyone have any idea why? I remember rumors about problems at the screen factories or something. :mad:

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I would love to have been able to order mine, but will be traveling that weekend, and can't sign for the package :( .

I guess I will have to wait for the 2nd round like some in the UK, but, that may not be too bad. More time for consumer reviews, and perhaps a few more Retina capable applications will be out when us 2nd wave folks get ours! :) .

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the US store was up and running soon after the announcement finished, while the UK store didn't come back until just before midnight, about four and a half hours after Tim finished.

No. Uk and us customers are not competing for the same inventory. The easiest evidence to this fact is that there are different power adaptors in the box. Apple portioned out the inventory splits.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

Not necessarily, as a lot of us in the US ordered yesterday (or in my case cancelled my AT&T order and re-ordered a Verizon model) and are still being quoted March 16th delivery, at least for now.

My guess is that demand in the US is pretty good and they reallocated shipments, though as of right now the online store still says that Verizon and Wi-Fi models will deliver on the 16th.

I find it interesting that AT&T's allocation is running out faster than Verizon's in the US, particularly since Verizon has a bigger LTE network and won't charge extra for Wi-Fi hotspot. People still associate AT&T with the iPhone and iPad, I guess.

----------

No. Uk and us customers are not competing for the same inventory. The easiest evidence to this fact is that there are different power adaptors in the box. Apple portioned out the inventory splits.

That's probably the last step in the assembly process, however. The devices are identical on the inside.

Lastof

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
Those of you getting the emails: What model did you order? 32GB Wifi seems to be the common one to get the delay from the comments I've seen, but maybe they are just going down a list that it happens to be first on.

Jedi Alejandro

macrumors newbie
From what people are saying those who have gotten this email still have March 16th listed online, but the email suggest otherwise.

Hopefully it is a mistake, or some kind of phising scam. And if not either of those hopefully my order at 11:45pm on the 7th will be fine (considering the store only came back for us at 11:30ish it better be).

Sorry mate but I called them up and they cofirmened. She even apoligised as she said she could see I was up early ordering it! grrr :mad:

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Those of you getting the emails: What model did you order? 32GB Wifi seems to be the common one to get the delay from the comments I've seen, but maybe they are just going down a list that it happens to be first on.

There doesn't appear to be a pattern...well, not a definite one but there are a lot of N.Ireland customers reporting receiving the eMail so far...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.