Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadikota

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Hello iPhone Users,

I have recently upgraded to iphone 4S to 5.1 and noticed a issue/bug.

I used to use this feature a lot on my iPhone, being on call i lock my screen for many reasons. But recently i found that the same power button with iOS 5.1 is ending the calls.

Not sure now i should think this problem as feature or a bug ? Any one else noticed the same. Is there a work around ?

Thanks
BG

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Really? I thought for a while that pressing the power button during a call was supposed to end the call (I believe there was a discussion on this a while back) :S

borisiii

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

For me it's been the same behaviour as ever - press it when on a call and the call ends. Pressing the sleep button only locks the phone when you are on loudspeaker or using a headset, and that hasn't changed.

gadikota

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
I believe you guys are right. Me being on the phone a lot on BT or Headset, i think i never saw the call end. And now testing them with out BT or headset made me to conclude that some thing is wrong.

My bad guys. Thanks for clearing this for me.

Lala85

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2012
It changed with the update. I used it all the time when my little one talks to grandma and now I can't do it. Apple thought it was because I had to restore my phone and it still hangs up

Ricky Smith

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2006
Boston, MA
As long as I can remember hitting the power button while on a call and NOT on speaker will END the call.

Hitting it while ON speaker will just lock it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.