Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I ordered my iPad the day preorders began, and my order status is "Shipped." I checked my online banking after the purchase to make sure they charged my card, and it showed up under "pending transactions." Now, it shows nothing. No trace of a transaction in my bank account. I have a shipping number, and it appears to already be in Pennsylvania.

Should I be worried? Could they potentially cancel my order? Will they recharge me once I receive it? I clicked "cancel order" just to see what would happen, and it said that I cannot cancel the order because it has already shipped. Should I call Apple? What's going on here?!

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
This has happened to me at a few places, the charge will show up, don't worry =)

The pending authorization "fell off" (normal) but the actual charge hasn't gone through yet, give it a day or two. Usually they overlap.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Worried that it will be free?

Ummm, if they charge you, great.

If they don't charge you, even better.

Why would you be worried if it was already shipped? :confused:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Not to worry. Apple isn't leaving there $ on the table and they aren't "recalling" your iPad either. I've ordered more than a few Apple products before where I got delivery before the CC processing caught up to me.

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
The same here, but I've been through this many times before. So it will show up later;)

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
This has happened to me at a few places, the charge will show up, don't worry =)

Whew! Okay! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Worried that it will be free?

Ummm, if they charge you, great.

If they don't charge you, even better.

Why would you be worried if it was already shipped? :confused:

Maybe Apple could cancel the shipment before it gets to me?

Yeah, a free iPad would be nice, but that would just be wrong of me to accept based on an error on their part. They saved me literally over $2,000 on a new computer when my friend spilled tea on my brand new MacBook Pro last year. They deserve every bit of my $500.

bjmach

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
Mine went from pending authorization right to a charge on my statment this morning.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
I don't know about the US. but UK law is very clear...."No Monies to be deducted until goods are despatched"

Most companies will put a hold on your card at ordering, but won't actually finish processing it until it ships. Either way, the money is effectively taken for personal finace purposes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.