Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2004
uk
anyone recommend a good app for keeping track of timesheets? or some way of tracking the time spent on different projects?
there are lots of apps that are for organising the time that is intended to be spent on projects/tasks in the future, but i want a way of recording the time spent on things over the past day - the powers that be at work have decided that all employees must keep track of the time they spend on everything
so i'm desperately hoping there's something for the iPhone that'll help

Highland

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2003
Australia
I know this post is pretty old now, but I've just finished an iPhone time tracking app, called Jobs.

bjango.com/apps/jobs/

It's not on the app store yet, but it will be very soon (it's just been submitted).

Jobs will let you track things in real-time (by pressing play on the job, then pause when you're done) and will also let you edit the sessions you've worked on, allowing you to change everything after the fact.

We're also going to actively develop it and improve it as much as possible, so any feedback on what you like and what you don't like about it, how it might or might not meet your specific requirements would be great.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Looks interesting although I couldn't find any indication of price. (but then I was viewing on my iPhone so if it was mentioned, apologies. )

Highland

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2003
Australia
:)

haha. Yeah.

We have two other $0.99 apps and we've given away 12 million copies of the other widgets/apps we've done as iSlayer so we certainly don't mind when things are cheap or free.

jerrym

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2011
Timesheet App for iPhone and iPod Touch

there's an app that tracks your hours during the day in addition to keeping a log book on your motor vehicle mileage for users that travel from site to site for work. the app's called "Timesheet & motor vehicle logs" the app has a handy feature that exports the excel data file that is already mapped to some accounting software such as MYOB, MoneyWorks and Triumph.

vaim

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2011
TimeSheet app

Hi!

There is also another app for time tracking for $1,99 - DueTime with Export EXCEL XLSX format. There is also a free version DueTime Lite without export function.

Vaim

jfisel

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2011
You should check out Crisply. Crisply is a revolutionary approach to
time tracking and billing. The service is in private beta and being
uses by many companies in production today. Join the beta here: <a
href="http://crisply.com/beta">http://crisply.com/beta</a>. There is
no cost to use Crisply.

Zed Systems

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
Timesheet app works with QuickBooks and MYOB

If you use QuickBooks Windows/Mac, or MYOB and are looking for a handy way to track your billable and non billable time on an iPhone then take a look at Zed Timesheets for QB

Features:
  • Designed to work with QuickBooks, think of it as Quick Timer on an iPhone
  • Run Timers for task you are working on
  • Easy export to QuickBooks, simply email yourself a Timer (iif) file.

Watch a demo of the app

AboutTime

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Timesheet app for iPhone

Hi illitrate23,
Hopefully you've found an option by now but if you're still looking check out AboutTime. It's an iPhone app that lets you add time, tasks, and projects as you go to make time tracking easy.

http://www.abouttimeapp.com

John-T1D

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2013
Try iamanageapp.com

We've been working on it 3 years and finally got V2 out last week - give it a go chaps....

www.imanageapp.com

Best of luck and get in touch if you have any questions

John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.