Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

babybuuutch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
I'm trying to get back to 5.0.1 so I can get my iphone to work. I'm on a 3gs and upgraded to 5.1 but I get a no service problem after my jailbreak because I'm on the new bootroom. I'm thinking the only way to fix this is to downgrade to 5.0.1 and fix it that way.

ylerT

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
Las Vegas
Did you make sure you ran a "tethered boot" after doing the jailbreak and unlock?

As far as downgrading, with no blobs, you will not be able to get back to 5.0.1. Apple has been signing 4.1 for the 3Gs for quite some time and as far as I know, they still are. It's an older firmware version, but unfortunately, that may be your only option right now.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
In redsn0w make a custom NO_BB IPSW via Extra's/Custom IPSW

With that custom IPSW stitch your blobs/APticket combi to a new custom IPSW

redsn0w Extra's/SHSH/Stitch

With that second custom IPSW in iTunes do ALT-restore to restore

babybuuutch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Did you make sure you ran a "tethered boot" after doing the jailbreak and unlock?

As far as downgrading, with no blobs, you will not be able to get back to 5.0.1. Apple has been signing 4.1 for the 3Gs for quite some time and as far as I know, they still are. It's an older firmware version, but unfortunately, that may be your only option right now.

on tiny umbrella it sats I have shsh for 5.0.1 but I can't use ifaith to downgrade because I'm on a mac. How can I get the 4.1 firemware?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
If you want to restore to 5.0.1, you will need both 5.0.1 hashes and APTicket
Use Redsn0w to stitch both to a No_BB IPSW
Put your 3GS in DFU mode and use iTunes (shift+restore) to restore it
Host file must be pointing at Cydia

4.1 is still signed by Apple, so if that is your choice, download the 4.1 IPSW, DFU and shift+restore in iTunes
For this, host file must point at Apple

babybuuutch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012

4.1 is still signed by Apple, so if that is your choice, download the 4.1 IPSW, DFU and shift+restore in iTunes

I keep getting the 1600 error which is the one that I didn't go into dfu mode properly but I'm 100% sure I did using red snow.

babybuuutch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
When you restore, you loose the jailbreak
Just run Redsn0w to jailbreak

My problem now is I get the no signal/service and ultrasnow won't work. When I jailbroke I only checked to download cydia should I have checked the other options? I'm on the new bootrom of a 3gs.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
My problem now is I get the no signal/service and ultrasnow won't work. When I jailbroke I only checked to download cydia should I have checked the other options? I'm on the new bootrom of a 3gs.

You might have to reflash the iPad bb using redsnow.
Just select install iPad bb and uncheck everything else. Then you might need to remove and reinstall ultrasnow.

oBMTo

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2010

What is the latest non-5.1 version still signed by Apple?

kdash

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
Solution

While Jailbreaking your 3GS on ios 5.1, just select two option in redsn0w.

Install Cydia
Ipad Baseband

After making it tethered jailbroken. Install ultrasn0w from cydia, respring your device. Then open cydia again and add this new repo;

http://repo.iparelhos.com

After adding it, go to manage>sources>iparelhos.com and install the app ultras 0w fixer for ios 5.1
After installing respring your ios device.
Oh! You still getting the no service. Damn Man. ;)
Just reinstall the ultrasn0w and you are back to life. Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.