Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BreakGuy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NZ, South Pacific
Playboy Fragrances. The New York range.

4948048916_1028bc605b.jpg

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Each time I buy deodorant I normally switch between brands to try new stuff out.

Right now I use Degree, but I also regularly buy Old Spice and Gillette. I also have a can of Axe somewhere but I haven't touched than thing in forever.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
What ever anti-precipitant is the cheapest at the time. I usually use, Old Spice as I get can get it for $2.50.

Grey Beard

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2005
The Antipodes.
What ever anti-precipitant is the cheapest at the time. I usually use, Old Spice as I get can get it for $2.50.
Precipitant A cause of a particular action or event: the immediate precipitants of the conflict were a succession of actions and Chiefly Psychology, a cause or stimulus that precipitates a particular condition: Depression may be a precipitant in many cases.

Wally, if Old Spice has that reaction for you, perhaps you should switch to Oven Stick.

KGB:rolleyes:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Old Spice, except I don't have a preference for the type, as long as it's not Original. I find Original smells like stale cologne.

Also, I always buy deodorant rather than anti-perspirant because it doesn't make the armpit area of my work shirts turn brown and discoloured. :)

I'm also not convinced that constant, long-term exposure to aluminium does not cause problems. I know that further research has suggested that it isn't linked to an increased risk of developing issues such as Alzheimers, but I'm going to wait for more studies to indicate the same before considering anti-perspirant. I work in healthcare and science, and always see studies with results that are slightly incongruous. Long-term studies tend to be like that.

Besides, deodorant does the job perfectly. There's no need to change regardless of the truth behind anti-perspirant.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
.....Also, I always buy deodorant rather than anti-perspirant because it doesn't make the armpit area of my work shirts turn brown and discoloured. :)

I'm also not convinced that constant, long-term exposure to aluminium does not cause problems. I know that further research has suggested that it isn't linked to an increased risk of developing issues such as Alzheimers, but I'm going to wait for more studies to indicate the same before considering anti-perspirant. I work in healthcare and science, and always see studies with results that are slightly incongruous. Long-term studies tend to be like that.

Besides, deodorant does the job perfectly. There's no need to change regardless of the truth behind anti-perspirant.

ewww........I don't use antiperspirants because they makes me itch!

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I buy it just because I love the smell of it. I don't think it's pleasant to most people - kind of strong and chemicalish(it's a cheap deodorant, what do you expect?) but it's addicting to me.

Attachments

• 300.jpeg
    300.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,158

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
I don't wear deodorant or antiperspirant because my under arms do not stink. It's a weird phenomenon but my sweat just doesn't smell in a general sense. Now if I build up a huge sweat either biking/running outside that can tend to stink but in that case its kind of the point. I really didn't like old spice ruining my shirts anyways. I just put on a bit of cologne in the morning and I'm good to go.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Mitchum, which I find excellent.

I use Mitchum's, too. The unscented one. ( If I want a scent, I'll use a cologne).

As for the claims about the ingredient aluminum sesquichlorohydrate causing memory problems, the research....claims about memory....sesqui....antiperspirant...memory...

Nonsense...whatever...:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.