Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
Most of the stylus's i have found have a big tip, I thought it would be great if apple released a precise stylus that could be used to take notes. Does anyone know if any are available? If so where can i purchase one.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Someone in another thread taught me that the input on an iPad is only going to recognize 30x30 pixels so basically you can't get precise but there is a new iPen thing that you can buy for $90. I'd get that if you need it.

neweipadfan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Most of the stylus's i have found have a big tip, I thought it would be great if apple released a precise stylus that could be used to take notes. Does anyone know if any are available? If so where can i purchase one.

you know its funny that a bunch of Apple fans talk mess about the Samsung Galaxy NOTE for taking a big step backwards with the stylus. It does everything that all iPad users are looking for. "precise writing" dont get me wrong i love the iPad iPhone and the MBP as I own all of them and i just got the Note as well but i can take such precise notes with it.

xyion1

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
Someone in another thread taught me that the input on an iPad is only going to recognize 30x30 pixels so basically you can't get precise but there is a new iPen thing that you can buy for $90. I'd get that if you need it.

Not 30 by 30 pixels, 30 pixels wide total. Think about 6mm in diameter.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
you know its funny that a bunch of Apple fans talk mess about the Samsung Galaxy NOTE for taking a big step backwards with the stylus. It does everything that all iPad users are looking for. "precise writing" dont get me wrong i love the iPad iPhone and the MBP as I own all of them and i just got the Note as well but i can take such precise notes with it.

The thing I don't like about the Note is that there is a bit of lag when trying to print. Handwriting cursive is fine since you're not picking up the stylus after every letter. Maybe over time the digitizer that's in the Note will be more accurate, like the Wacom desktop art tablets.

The Note is a good step toward having a proper stylus on a capacitive screen, but there's definitely plenty to improve on.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
The thing I don't like about the Note is that there is a bit of lag when trying to print. Handwriting cursive is fine since you're not picking up the stylus after every letter. Maybe over time the digitizer that's in the Note will be more accurate, like the Wacom desktop art tablets.

The Note is a good step toward having a proper stylus on a capacitive screen, but there's definitely plenty to improve on.

I agree. I like a lot about the note. I think it is a great step forward but there is a lot to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.