Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

striker33

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Looking for a back shield, similar to Zagg, but with a matte coating, preferably the back only, as I already have some MediaDevil screen protectors.

I've managed to find SGP Incredible matte, and the PhantomSkinz matte protectors, but both of them only allow you to buy the full body protection :(

I think the SGP was £18 here in the UK + delivery, and seems a bit much for a single back protector (especially if I screw up), and the phantomskinz is $32 + delivery + import duty and taxes.

highertechnology

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2009
Even the zagg is only available back only on their site, right?

I got my last few zagg rear covers from ebay. They were my favorite for the iPad 2. Nice grip and good scratch protection.

striker33

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010

I got my last few zagg rear covers from ebay. They were my favorite for the iPad 2. Nice grip and good scratch protection.

I've never been keen on them because they feel cheap in the hands, especially the screen covers.

I'm looking for the matte ones because they'd feel a lot similar to the back aluminium.

highertechnology

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2009
I've never been keen on them because they feel cheap in the hands, especially the screen covers.

I'm looking for the matte ones because they'd feel a lot similar to the back aluminium.

Do you mean before you apply them? They are unlike screen protectors as they are more rubberish than very thin plastic. I prefer that. I feel that the naked ipad is too slick as it is.

striker33

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Do you mean before you apply them? They are unlike screen protectors as they are more rubberish than very thin plastic. I prefer that. I feel that the naked ipad is too slick as it is.

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about :confused:

Digidesign

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002

Zagg does not sell the back piece by itself. It only comes with the full kit at $40. :mad:

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
I have a phantomskinz matte back for my 4S and I love it! ( had it on my 4 as well) I am not sure if they have the iPad back, but I would check it out, and I think they are cheaper than zagg, and have a much better feel and no orange peel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.