Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMule

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Greenville, SC
The case seems pretty sweet, it just seems mega bulky and the strap looks incredibly loose when hanging from the back. How could I justify not getting it? It seems like, I might pull the trigger and order one. Is the typing position elevated enough? I want to know why owners of this case like it and why nothing else comes close to it. It's a damn good looking case. That's all I can tell from pictures.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
The case seems pretty sweet, it just seems mega bulky and the strap looks incredibly loose when hanging from the back. How could I justify not getting it? It seems like, I might pull the trigger and order one. Is the typing position elevated enough? I want to know why owners of this case like it and why nothing else comes close to it. It's a damn good looking case. That's all I can tell from pictures.

do a search here on wood cases...I owned about 8 wood cases for my business -of all kinds -and would not do it again. The fit does not stay tight over time if you are taking the pad in and out more than once a week.

GUCCIMAN

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Do youtube, google and video searches. amongst the 'book' looks, dodo seems to be the least well made. Glen e's experience is indeed common, but many people have had success with them too (different stage /time in purchasing, companies learned from mistakes etc)

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Do youtube, google and video searches. amongst the 'book' looks, dodo seems to be the least well made. Glen e's experience is indeed common, but many people have had success with them too (different stage /time in purchasing, companies learned from mistakes etc)

absolutley true - if it's gonna sit on your desk and never come out - it will work fine. If it's gonna be packed, traveled or used in the field, come out for charging or whatever, pass. We had 3 Portenzo's 2 Dodo's 3 P&Q's and 3 Treegloos. BY FAR the best case for long lasting fit was P&Q.
here's the ones we used - all replaced by smartcovers and Zum's -
448e46bd.jpg

kevkev

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2008
Reading
I had 2, within a reasonably short period of time of each other. They look stunning and turn heads and from a design view alone look great - however:
The first one buckled and the wood cracked in several places. Dodocase were very good and sent me a second one for free.
The second one lasted longer until one day I opened my bag to find a loose iPad and small fragments of wood everywhere - it had literally exploded everywhere; I'm assuming from cracks I failed to spot.

Would I buy another, sadly that's a no. I resorted back to the £10 ebay case I got in the beginning as a temporary solution and that protected my iPad better than the DodoCase could ever.

Kev.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.