Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xanthos

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
npIPE.jpg

Took it myself.

I had the brightness set to maximum.

Xanthos

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Thanks, not perfect but better than my launch iPad 2

is it noticeable in normal conditions? Like watching a film in the dark?

This picture was taken with the brightness set to maximum.

It's almost non existent if you use your iPad at 75% brightness or lower.

samac92

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
This picture was taken with the brightness set to maximum.

It's almost non existent if you use your iPad at 75% brightness or lower.

Good to hear, with my old iPad the light bleed was viewable at almost any brightness level.

SuperRob

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Definitely has some bleed, but no worse than my iPad 2 had. I only noticed the bleed if I was looking for it.

Richmond1958

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2007
I dont know if the same rule applies now, but I recall some concerns at the time of the iPad2 launch about bleeding, and apparently it can take the "adhesive" a while to completely set up, and that can have an affect on this issue. These things are being shipped so quickly that may not have occurred yet.

Maybe one of the more technical folks can chime in.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Definitely has some bleed, but no worse than my iPad 2 had. I only noticed the bleed if I was looking for it.

It's actually a pretty typical level for displays in general. It really shouldn't be a problem unless it's something you commonly notice. I've mentioned this in other threads, but the only current way I know of to get it consistently close to perfect is with secondary panel blocking type correction which would cost you a a little bit on your black levels.

Matrickser

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
iPad 3 Backlight Bleeding :-(

Attachments

• Foto 3.JPG
    Foto 3.JPG
    644 KB · Views: 521
  • Foto 1.JPG
    Foto 1.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 517

xyphr3

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
^Same
Better than my launch iPad 2 but worse than my perfect exchange iPad 2
Excuse my ignorance, but when you say launch iPad 2, I assume you mean when they first came out and then when you exchanged it....after you noticed the bleed or a couple of months after the iPad 2 was out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.