Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jnava420

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Lincoln

Hey man wont be seeing you in Omaha but hope us Nebraskan's get a good shipment here, planning to still be first tho haha

sirpots

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Nebraska
It would be awesome if it came out this friday, but wouldn't mind next friday as that is the start of my spring break :D. How is Village Pointe during apple launches? This might be my first try going to the apple store. Might check the best buy's around town too.

applebro24

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B5141a Safari/7534.48.3)

sirpots said:
It would be awesome if it came out this friday, but wouldn't mind next friday as that is the start of my spring break :D. How is Village Pointe during apple launches? This might be my first try going to the apple store. Might check the best buy's around town too.

I'm in the same boat as you. Spring break starts the 16th and this is my first launch at an Apple Store. Pretty pretty excited.

Anyone who's been to VP before know when people start the lines? Looks like we'll have reasonable weather for this time of year, lows in the 40's, so overnight won't be that bad.

Fastshutter

Aug 21, 2007
I've been to two VP launches, one for the iPhone 4s and one for the iPad2. They get very big. About 50 people will camp out over-night, and by the time the store opens the line is down around the Funny Bone near the theater. You will want to be there a minimum of 4-6 hours before open to get an iPad 2.

If you want a Verizon LTE iPad, the verizon store at 168th and center will have a shipment, and you'll only need to get there an hour or so early.

I pre-ordered my iPad, so I'm going to skip the launch festivities.

applebro24

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

With the new iPad being available for preorder unlike the iPad 2, and with the March 16th delivery date holding for the first 24 hours, would it be as crowded? Unless the dates start to drastically slip for preorder deliveries (the next date seems to be "ships by 19th", not bad), there is no benefit to the store other than having your iThing a few hours before the FedEx guy arrives...

Is the hype on the decline or will Apple fans continue to amaze?

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
I don't think there will be any line because if you were in line you could just go on your iPhone and go to the apple store app, click in store pickup, walk in the store and walk out with the iPad.....

Thats my plan. Ill be picking it up at VP

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Since I missed the pre-order pickup ill be skipping class and driving to Omaha today! Next question is... when do you think the line will start getting long?

Fastshutter

Aug 21, 2007
Since I missed the pre-order pickup ill be skipping class and driving to Omaha today! Next question is... when do you think the line will start getting long?

I'm going to swing by tonight and see if anyone is camping out overnight. I'll let you know in a few hours.

Fastshutter

Aug 21, 2007
I just got back from driving by and there are about 5 or so with lawn chairs!!

You beat me to it. 8:15p.m. and 5 people in line.

I picked up my new charcoal grey smart cover. Purchasing with the iStore app via my iPhone still feels awkward - like I'm stealing or something..

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Haha I felt the same way when I bought my smart cover for my iPad 2!

What time do you think you'll head there?

Fastshutter

Aug 21, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Haha I felt the same way when I bought my smart cover for my iPad 2!

What time do you think you'll head there?

I pre-ordered.

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
photo.JPG

Lots of stock left. could have slept in but it was my first time and good experience :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.