Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterblingpimp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Hello,

I just received an iPad 3 White 32GB WIFI, unfortunately, when holding it in portrait mode, the iPad WARMS UP (not overheat) on the left, near the bottom, where my hands would be.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

bobobenobi

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2010
Overheat? Is the iPad telling you that it's overheating? Or, did you mean to use the word "warm"?

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
When I'm driving in my car and I stick my arm out the window and the sun hits it, I overheat.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Hello,

I just received an iPad 3 White 32GB, unfortunately, when holding it in portrait mode, the iPad overheats on the left, near the bottom, where my hands would be.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

Your choice of words is a little suspect. Overheat would imply getting hotter than the normal ranges... impeding normal operation of the device. Getting warmer with use is normal.... especially around the location of the CPU, and/or cellular radios.

NachoGrande

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
yes many of the reviews said the same thing. the lower lefthand corner gets hot.
Rotate and the top right corner will get warm instead :)

drb1992

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
It does get warm, but that is expected with the gpu and amount of pixels.

iMaven

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2011
Many reviewers said it gets warm because of the cpu or larger battery. Just think of how it would feel if it was quad core. They'd have the cut the apple out to cool the thing down. :p

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
Yes I noticed it being a bit hot and I havnt done anything but videos/photos yet.

As is its fine (ill put it in a case for real use anyway) Im just wondering if it will be a problem with infinity blade 2 or other demanding apps.

macdud

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2011
I just posted a topic about this, i noticed the heat immediately at the apple store... was hoping it might have been due to the ipad being manipulated too much but this confirms what i feared... the new ipad overheats.. i found this very unpleasant, actually it's a deal breaker for me.. :( i think i'll go looking for a ipad2..

kellte2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2005
I just posted a topic about this, i noticed the heat immediately at the apple store... was hoping it might have been due to the ipad being manipulated too much but this confirms what i feared... the new ipad overheats.. i found this very unpleasant, actually it's a deal breaker for me.. :( i think i'll go looking for a ipad2..

Hilarious!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.