Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Original poster
Hanging out at the mall....

Things are a little different at Tyson's this year. We were brought in in groups of ten and people are issued a wristband. I think that is a good idea and will prevent possible problems.

The new iPad is GORGEOUS!!!! They have three of them on a circular spinning pilllar and the retina screen is stunning, truly gorgeous. Wow!!!!

Right now there are about forty people in line.....

fkhan3

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Thanks for the update. I'm planning on getting there around 9:30am. I am hoping they still have stock available by then.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Not too surprising. Typical launch goes from opposite side of Apple to end of that bank of stores, goes right toward exit and loops around back toward Bloomingdales.

Hey when you make it out of the store can you report if they are stocking any 3rd party cases? Thanks.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Original poster
Home now, new iPad all freshly synced and raring to go! She is gorgeous!! I was surprised when I left the store at about 8:30 that there was very little line left -- usually the lines have been major at launches,but not this one! I guess a lot of people preordered......

Sorry, I didn't check on third- party accessories, as I already have everything that I had used with my first-gen iPad and the iPad 2. All I bought today was the iPad itself (64 GB AT&T) and AppleCare+.

fkhan3

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
I got there around 9:40 and there was no line at all. They had plenty of stock. I was out in 10 minutes.

Back at work now, cant wait to get home and try this baby out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.