Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fullmanfullninj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well, slept for a bit and then couldn't sleep anymore so just came down the Spectrum. There's about 20-25 people in front of me. Not nearly as many people as there was for the iPhone 4s at this hour.

I really need to start pre-ordering...

Heh you're like 3 miles away from where I live :p

But dang...I didn't expect that many people (I have nothing to base "that many" off of so I consider 20-25 to be "that many" :p) to be there so early...

Anyone anywhere else?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
The Fashion Island store is actually pretty big and new, I wanna go there.

i wouldn't call the fashion island apple store new. i bought my ipod mini there eight years ago.

anyway, i managed to buy an ipad at walmart in la habra. was looking for a verizon lte model, but they didn't have any. made out with a 16gb wifi.

SeanZy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
i wouldn't call the fashion island apple store new. i bought my ipod mini there eight years ago.

anyway, i managed to buy an ipad at walmart in la habra. was looking for a verizon lte model, but they didn't have any. made out with a 16gb wifi.

Shut up haha I got a 64GB ATT model at the La Habra WalMart.

Thats awesome haha im heading out to the brea store at 5 am. Gonna try to grab one for my manager, and pick up my preorder

fullmanfullninj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009

Sometime within the past year they moved from their original location by the Macy's more inward in the mall...near the Nordstrom (right?) or somewhere along there. It's a brand new store and it is very nice inside...I walk there from work sometimes during lunch...very nice looking.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
Sometime within the past year they moved from their original location by the Macy's more inward in the mall...near the Nordstrom (right?) or somewhere along there. It's a brand new store and it is very nice inside...I walk there from work sometimes during lunch...very nice looking.

oh wow, that i did not know. i'll have to check it out sometime (after the ipad 2 launch madness).

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Spectrum is maybe at 35-40 now. Hasn't grown to much since I got here.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA

Well, slept for a bit and then couldn't sleep anymore so just came down the Spectrum. There's about 20-25 people in front of me. Not nearly as many people as there was for the iPhone 4s at this hour.

I really need to start pre-ordering...

In line at Fashion Island. Only 30 people in front of me.

ScottInTheOC

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
The OC

Got to Irvine Spectrum at 6:35 and just around the bend at White|Black by the Giant Wheel...

boaisy

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Got to the verizon store at the Tustin District at 6:45 am and I'm first in line. The employees are already setting up for 8am opening. Also a Best Buy and Target here so your chances should be good here.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA

The line at the Spectrum isn't that bad. They're coming around with cards and it looks like they a ton of stock.

ScottInTheOC

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
The OC

Thank you Apple for bringing out Starbucks and waters! Irvine Spectrum staff taking care of its customers. We just had a 25 ft push forward in the line for some reason.

boaisy

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
Got to the verizon store at the Tustin District at 6:45 am and I'm first in line. The employees are already setting up for 8am opening. Also a Best Buy and Target here so your chances should be good here.

About to open and only 2 others in line. Still plenty of time for others to grab one

floridonet

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2011
Irvine, CA
Just passed by Best Buy on Jamboree. Plenty of tickets to go around and not much of a line. Apple did an excellent job of keeping up w/ the demand this year.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
I was out of the Spectrum store by 8:15 this morning. I don't think many were opting for the personal setup being offered.

And, I actually think you could go there right now and pick one up. They had to two bins filled with cards for iPad's. Seems like they had quite a bit of stock on hand.

Good luck to all!

fullmanfullninj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Great to hear that the retailers in our area, for now at least, have a decent stock! :D Apple certainly did a much better job with this launch.

fearlessfitz

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
Orange County CA
South Coast

i walked into South Coast to pick up my preorder at 11:30 and was surprised there was no line. It was a little more crowded than usual, but they came out with my preorder (wifi 16gb black) right away. They were sold out of the ATT 16gb's because I had decided I wanted the data plan after all. I may stalk some of the stores the next day or two to see if I can return my wifi for a LTE version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.