Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Does anyone else have the Marware CEO Hybrid for iPad 3?

I loved it for the iPad 2 so went with it again for the iPad 3.

However, I think my case is not a perfect fit as there is some flex in the middle of the edges, so it is not completely flush. This means there is some stretch, possibly to make up for the 0.03mm thickness increase.

Is Marware really advertising their iPad 3 case as a new case when they're really recycling the iPad 2? The box has the "new iPad" sticker on it so its not completely new packaging, just a sticker. But their barcode says iPad 3.

Anyone else having the same fitment issue?

Last edited:

rsnaider

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2009
NY
I never had the iPad 2 but on the new iPad the case seems fine.

Case arrived on Monday and had to sit waiting for it's partner until 11:00AM today.

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I never had the iPad 2 but on the new iPad the case seems fine.

Case arrived on Monday and had to sit waiting for it's partner until 11:00AM today.

The edge where the volume buttons are located are slightly raised on mines. Everything is flush on yours? If you press down no part pushes back up?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

my case sleep function not working properly either, only on/off it does is when I re-open the front. Yikes what a failure.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
sucks you're having issues. two cases I was potentially interested in. this is one of them.

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
sucks you're having issues. two cases I was potentially interested in. this is one of them.

Yea..Might be a chance I just got a faulty one.

The design and functionality is still my fav though so I'm going to give them another chance to send me a perfect one.

thatsmyfish

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

My iPad arrived a short while ago and seems to be working well in this case. I'm at work and can't play with it yet, but did observe the power noise whenever I closed and opened the device. First iPad since the first, so I tried peeling it back from the bottom to observe if the "fridge light" was off and it came on once the bottom corner was peeled back enough. I take it that is normal behavior?

Happy to check again and post later if that is helpful!

rsnaider

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2009
NY
I have a slight gap, but nothing I would be concerned with.

Mine is not as bad as yours and if you are saying the old one one iPad sits flush, then maybe we both have an issue but yours is worse.

thatsmyfish

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Of course, I found the time! It's in there VERY snuggly. The magnetic on/off seems to work perfectly, but it's very difficult to remove it from the case. You have to apply an enormous amount of force to remove it. Is this normal behavior before it's broken in, or is it a bad case. Any other feedback?

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012

My iPad arrived a short while ago and seems to be working well in this case. I'm at work and can't play with it yet, but did observe the power noise whenever I closed and opened the device. First iPad since the first, so I tried peeling it back from the bottom to observe if the "fridge light" was off and it came on once the bottom corner was peeled back enough. I take it that is normal behavior?

Happy to check again and post later if that is helpful!

That's normal and very nice if its that sensitive. Any time the front cover gets nearly closed it should on/off.

Of course, I found the time! It's in there VERY snuggly. The magnetic on/off seems to work perfectly, but it's very difficult to remove it from the case. You have to apply an enormous amount of force to remove it. Is this normal behavior before it's broken in, or is it a bad case. Any other feedback?

That's normal. Even if it wasn't normal it's better to have it super tight than just a little tight. Because eventually (maybe a year) the two hinges will get loose (if you like to take out the iPad a lot) and will slide off on their own with barely any force. That was my only gripe with this case.

nospinguy

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
Magnetic on off not working for me either...

I am trying to use this case purchased with my iPad 2. Fits (albeit noticeably more snugly), but magnetic on/off does not work... That's enough to render it useless in my book.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
this is the best case for me now. I have Targus slim and Versavu in my place. The last has on/wake problem. Slim is ok, but very sensative if i move the lid a bit ipad goes on. It doesn'hold lid closed very good. I cannot put ipad in this case in my bag, going to be opened and potentialy scratched or press wrong buttons.. i don,t like it.
CEO is the best for now. I also expecting Lexigton soon. And think about switcheasy.

moby2112

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
I have to say that the ceo case has been very good for me I have had one for the original ipad so I cant comment about the one for the Ipad 2. I preordered the new ipad and the ceo as well since I was so pleased with the first one. I was also curious if the Ipad 2 case would fit and was I wasting my money on the Ipad 2 case or just get the new ceo case.

I bit the bullet and bought the new Ipad case and I am very pleased. The new case fits perfectly and no gaps or anything like that. The magnetic closure and opening does not function as advertised but I was ok with this since I was used to not even having the function at all on the 1st Ipad. I was however notified by marware yesterday that they were having problems with some of the case's with the magnetic on/off not working like they should.

Marware has already advised they would send out another case as soon as they have ironed out the problems. Anyone having problems with their case with the magnet just needs to contact marware and they will send you out a new case with the updated magnet lid when they are done with production.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.