Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zebi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2003
Picked up my 64gb 4g in white this morning. Just found my first dead pixel - yes I know it's a "retina display" but I can still see it. Hope the store still has stock :mad:

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Picked up my 64gb 4g in white this morning. Just found my first dead pixel - yes I know it's a "retina display" but I can still see it. Hope the store still has stock :mad:

Dead pixels on a retina display are TINY. After I got my iPhone 4s, I did notice one stuck red pixel after looking really close, but then I forgot about it and never noticed it since.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Got one on mine as well. I'm gonna wait a few days before bringing it in.

While it is small, it is still quite obvious and looks like a piece of dust on the screen.

bigroot

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
I had some dead pixels on mine. Took it back to the Apple Store. I then checked out the display while I was there, and saw nothing wrong. Then I got home and noticed a white hotspot. Probably going to wait a day or two before I return this one.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Here is mine, it is in the top right in landscape. Mainly annoying to me because I obsessively keep my iPad screen clean, and have already tried to wipe it off multiple times.

aefFOgAk

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
Here is mine, it is in the top right in landscape. Mainly annoying to me because I obsessively keep my iPad screen clean, and have already tried to wipe it off multiple times.

Haha, thats funny even when looking at your image, I tried to wipe that spec off my laptop screen.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Beyond paranoid is more like it. Reading half of these threads is making my day.

You know what's making my day? The fact that Apple came out with basically the same product with a "better display". I've never owned an iPad but with the new one out, I might end up with one. There are a gazillion used iPad 2s for sale now because all the Apple fans think they have to have the latest and "greatest". Might pick up a cheap one "just because". :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.