Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkN

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
Baltimore, MD
FedEx delivered my four at 3:35. The driver said this is pretty much all he is delivering today. They are going to deliver the ones they couldn't deliver today, because people aren't home, tomorrow.

drjsway

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
FedEx is playing a cruel game with me. I am working from home today to make sure someone is here to sign for it. It is scheduled to be delivered by 4:30, but usually comes between 1-2. So I am in my office and hear a truck driving down the street. FedEx - YES!. As I watch from the window, it stops at the house across the street. Delivery done, driver hops in the truck, goes down to the end of the cul de sac, turns around and... WTF!!! He drives right past my house and keeps going!

I sit in my desk feeling betrayed that the driver didn't drop off my package and reluctantly get back to work. About 1/2 later I hear a truck again. Peek out the window again - FedEx - YES! It goes down to the cul de sac and stops to drop off a package at one of those houses. I am doing the happy dance - I'm next. Driver gets back into the truck and... WTF!!! He drives right past my house again without stopping! Are you kidding me???

Grumble, so I still sit waiting. I swear if I see the truck again and it doesn't stop, I'm gonna hop on my bike and run him down!

Why didn't you run out and talk to the driver and ask him about your package?

cinger0439

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
What does "Delivery Exception" mean? My delivery time changed from 3 pm to 4 pm.

I will still get my iPad today, right?

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
Couple things of note
  • Apple is obviously using a dummy company to ship these as the word Apple is nowhere on the box.
  • My FedEx guy said the bulk of the iPad deliveries are in the upper-middle to upper class end of town. He has had very few to deliver during his normal run.
  • The shipping label says "Friday Mar 16 PM" so FedEx was given all day to drop them off.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
fedex just showed up! :D its always the same person everytime i order something online from apple.. weird lol

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2008
YOU SUCK FED-EX!!! Why did you deliver my smart cover (that I am already sending back) and mark my iPad's (2) as "delivery exception" and undelivered?!?!?!

Thank you for spoiling the surprise for my wife, who gets home before I do. Now I have to drive to the Fed Ex Hub after work and pick up the iPads. If they are there. Why didn't I just have them delivered here at work...

McPhallus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
The driver just showed up with mine 2:45 pm, with delivery scheduled by 3. He said there were about 1300 delivered in his area (NW Chicago suburbs).

Righteous

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Now I am pissed. Just got delivery exceptions on both iPads that no one was here. I have been sitting at my house all damn day and no delivery attempts were made. One the phone with FedEx now. PISSED!!! I took PTO for this crap.

----------

Now I am pissed. Just got delivery exceptions on both iPads that no one was here. I have been sitting at my house all damn day and no delivery attempts were made. One the phone with FedEx now. PISSED!!! I took PTO for this crap.

They said I can pick it up at the FedEx station after 4:30pm. I told the girl I will not be a FedEx customer in the future after this. I have been sitting in the living room waiting all day. SO PISSED!

Luiis81

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2010
Very entertaining!

It's so funny reading all these posts about waiting all day and dealing with FedEx! I've ben waiting all day too and have been tricked more than once by the neighbors loud cars too! Shouldn't be long now I hope... 2PM and delivery still shows "By 3PM" we'll see about that...:confused:

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

1pm. Phoenix. No sign of FedEx yet. No exceptions yet. Still delivery by 3pm.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I get the feeling that the drivers are screwing over the people who pre-signed. So far I've read a few different stories of the pre-signed packages just getting marked as "attempted delivery," and then getting held for pickup or 2nd delivery attempt or whatever without the people actually getting a delivery notice. Maybe they think that if you've pre-signed you're prob not home so they're just skipping over your place and marking it as "attempted."

No real proof of this, I'm just speculating, but if I had to deliver 1,000 iPads to people in just a few hours, I might try to save some time by skipping the people who aren't home.

Anyway, if you haven't pre-signed yet, definitely don't pre-sign.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

1pm. Phoenix. No sign of FedEx yet. No exceptions yet. Still delivery by 3pm.

Same here. :( I'm in the NW Valley. When I preordered iPhone 4 two years ago, I think I got it by 11:30am. Grr.

All I've seen so far is a UPS truck.

Macaddict16

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2002
Still waiting...

FedEX originally said by 3, then around noon it changed to by 5:50 PM.

Glad I took a half day to wait for it...

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2012
Mine was delivered around 2:20, east coast time. Didn't get back to post here since I have been in a meeting since my previous post. FedEx guy says to my husband (who pulled the duty of sitting at home waiting for it), "Here's your iPad." :p

elaniemay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2011
California, USA

Still effin waiting. Hate it.

smchan

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
Couple things of note
  • Apple is obviously using a dummy company to ship these as the word Apple is nowhere on the box.

My box has "AI, 80 Micro Drive, Jonestown, PA 17038" listed as the sender. AI likely means "Apple Inc.". I searched the address and came up with both Apple, Inc and Ingram Micro. Ingram is a major distributor and is likely managing the logistics of pre-order shipping for Apple.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
My box has "AI, 80 Micro Drive, Jonestown, PA 17038" listed as the sender. AI likely means "Apple Inc.". I searched the address and came up with both Apple, Inc and Ingram Micro. Ingram is a major distributor and is likely managing the logistics of pre-order shipping for Apple.

This is the first thing I've ever gotten from Apple that didn't say Apple, Inc on it. That may be a real company, it's just interesting to see how Apple handled this launch as opposed to recent launches.

js369

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
Apparently my wife must have been taking a damn nap when FedEx stopped instead of waiting for delivery like she said she would. I am at work all day and my wife said she would be available all day so I didn't need to presign for delivery. I just got a Delivery Exception update stating "Adult recipient unavailable (21+ years with photo identification)". I called home and she said that the Fedex hasn't come by yet, but when I asked her to check the door she found the note and claimed that they never rang the doorbell.

Now I get off work in 40 minutes and the package won't be back at the outpost for pickup for 2 more hours after that. Not terribly happy about this turn of events, especially since I could just stop by Best Buy on my way home and they would most likely have them widely available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.