Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
Hey guys, I tried searching but cannot find a stylus like this. Is there any fine point rubberized stylus's out there that cost under $20? Ones that are like pen "fine point" 0.5mm or so and not the large round ended ones? I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find one. I would like one to take notes with, as I have the Noterize app which takes care of my note-taking needs.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I'm still waiting for my estylo 1.1 from a company in Mexico called Plai I backed on kickstarter but they have a fine point.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
You'll see fine point styluses when Apple changes the screen technology so that they work or creates a pen themselves for the 4/5/6. Thats about the only thing that could get me to update next year.

The Jot stylus allows precision by using a clear disk to touch the screen, so thats the best option Ive seen.

If the Galaxy note 10.1 were going to be in the same price range as the iPad I very may well have abandoned iOS for it. But the rumors are that it will launch at $900 or more.

edit: didn't know about the "iPen", thats interesting at least will have to read up on it.

kdarling

macrumors P6
If the Galaxy note 10.1 were going to be in the same price range as the iPad I very may well have abandoned iOS for it. But the rumors are that it will launch at $900 or more.

I've read estimates as low as $600 for the WiFi model. Let's hope. With the pen software that's included, and the ability to run some apps side by side, it's almost the mini-Courier that I thought HTC would be first with.

edit: didn't know about the "iPen", thats interesting at least will have to read up on it.

Yep, the iPen is a Kickstarter project. The fact that it got almost five times the requested funding, is yet another indication of how many regular users want a real pen as an option.

Do we think Apple will approve Tapose, or will it be banned because Apple is thinking of adding their own pen software?

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
I've read estimates as low as $600 for the WiFi model. Let's hope. With the pen software that's included, and the ability to run some apps side by side, it's almost the mini-Courier that I thought HTC would be first with.

Well if its going to launch at $600 (and the base model is all I'd need since I have mini SD cards for storage), I hope they announce it before my return window on the iPad closes.

Not sure I would do that, I do love the iPad screen and am invested in iOS - but I'd give it a lot of thought.

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
Apple should consider purchasing the pressure sensitive tech from Wacom so we can do both capacitive touch as well as pressure capacitive active digitizers. I think there's a lot of money in using that type of tech on a mobile tablet since we're in the "post-PC world" now.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hopefully we start seeing fine point stylus that work through the Bluetooth 4.0. I was really rooting for an Apple designed stylus at the iPad event as a one more thing. It would have been great to show off realistic note taking to replace pen and paper. It would have been great since they are pushing for iPads in schools. Unfortunately, it didn't happen; and who knows of it ever will.

Drusilla77

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Stylus-tablet

I would love to see Apple come out with an iPad/Mac combo as we are seeing with window machines. Then the fine point stylus would be a serious help for those of us who do graphics and use photoshop.

I have always wondered why no one has come out with a machine that you could use as a tablet then also use as a laptop. That makes so much sense. It scares me that windows machines did it first, where was Apple on this one?

jcborden

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
I've been using the Kuel H10 for about six months now - looks like many other soft tipped stylus' but the tip is noticeably smaller and is accurate enough. I have been using it for drawing game graphics and it has been excellent.

I have tried the Bamboo and Jot. Found the Bamboo to require too much pressure against the screen and whilst the Jot was nice for being able to see exactly where the tip was, I didn't like the solid feel of tip touching the screen (tap, tap sound). Went back to the H10 and will stick with it.

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
You'll see fine point styluses when Apple changes the screen technology so that they work or creates a pen themselves for the 4/5/6. Thats about the only thing that could get me to update next year.

The Jot stylus allows precision by using a clear disk to touch the screen, so thats the best option Ive seen.

So, I have to know. Since the Note is the same price as the ipad, did you switch?

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I wanted to like the jot but I have problems with it. I get discontinuous lines.

I'm now using the iFaraday RX II and really like it.

They have a new stylus in the works called the Cobra which looks really cool. Here is the video.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?featur...top_uri=/watch?v=p6BWGUqnkHc&feature=youtu.be

The screen requires a minimum number of pixels to be active for a touch to be detected. This is why every stylus you see has a stubby tip. The jot and Cobra get around this with a large transparent tip and an indicator to tell you where the center is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.