Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Does anyone know of any cases that have a magnet on the back so when you fold the smart cover back it sticks?

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Does anyone know of any cases that have a magnet on the back so when you fold the smart cover back it sticks?

The Belkin Snap Shield Secure has a metal piece on the back for this purpose, and it works well. Don't think it is (or needs to be) an active magnet.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
The Belkin Snap Shield Secure has a metal piece on the back for this purpose, and it works well. Don't think it is (or needs to be) an active magnet.

So you'd recommend the case? I'm rockin a belkin on my iPhone and love it so probably a good choice.

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
So you'd recommend the case? I'm rockin a belkin on my iPhone and love it so probably a good choice.

Yeah, I like it. I'm using a 2nd Gen Shield on my 3rd Gen iPad and it works reasonably well, with only the slightest fit difference indicating that it's not fully purpose-built. Other threads here have more details on that.

That said, I've cracked a corner on it already, probably from the extra thickness plus stress of removing/replacing it. You may want to hold out for the properly fitted one the person above me linked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.