Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
theres been an san andreas update, and every time i dl it, it bugs out saying i need to update it again.

is there any way to fix this? and is my game even getting updated?

i heard they really optimized the game so no more of that 2 second lag

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I tried this, it still didn't work for me. I deleted it and reinstalled, but it doesn't even download. I must have "downloaded" it about 5 times now. I'm gonna try restarting.

try restarting the computer, than delete the app and than reinstalling it.

or delete the app, restart the computer than reinstall it.

phySi0

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
You don't want to know!
try restarting the computer, than delete the app and than reinstalling it.
I can't delete the app, it's not there to delete. When I deleted it, I kept downloading without it appearing anywhere on my filesystem.

delete the app, restart the computer than reinstall it.
Okay, so the app is already deleted, so I guess I can follow this. I restarted the computer and tried to download it again and it works.

Still though, I would have preferred I didn't waste a few hours redownloading it again and again. :mad:

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I can't delete the app, it's not there to delete. When I deleted it, I kept downloading without it appearing anywhere on my filesystem.

Okay, so the app is already deleted, so I guess I can follow this. I restarted the computer and tried to download it again and it works.

Still though, I would have preferred I didn't waste a few hours redownloading it again and again. :mad:

complain to apple, or the developers. all these old "PC, PS/2" games are all buggy. i juz dl'd rome total war and its pretty buggy.

than again I'm not complaining i don't use my mac for gaming, but i do get games to pass the time if I'm traveling or stuck somewhere

phySi0

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
You don't want to know!
complain to apple, or the developers. all these old "PC, PS/2" games are all buggy. i juz dl'd rome total war and its pretty buggy.
I don't know about that, since I'm not a gamer, but I just found out that they pretty much just used Wine to port San Andreas over. If you look in the Application Support folder, the folder hierarchy is pretty similar to a Wine prefix directory. Plus, it says Wine and has the Windows directory hierarchy.

th[e]n again I'm not complaining i don't use my mac for gaming, but i do get games to pass the time if I'm traveling or stuck somewhere
Same here, I'm not a gamer, in the sense that it's not a high-ranked hobby of mine, but when I was on Windows, I used to game a lot. Now that more games are coming to Mac, I game more often (though not too much at all compared to the old days), so I guess platform influences my gaming habits.

Now that the most annoying bug is ironed out, I'm also not complaining, I don't care how they ported it, it's a brilliant game and works nicely. It entertains me and keeps me busy, so it's doing its job right now. Plus, easy updates through MAS is a nice bonus.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I don't know about that, since I'm not a gamer, but I just found out that they pretty much just used Wine to port San Andreas over. If you look in the Application Support folder, the folder hierarchy is pretty similar to a Wine prefix directory. Plus, it says Wine and has the Windows directory hierarchy.

Same here, I'm not a gamer, in the sense that it's not a high-ranked hobby of mine, but when I was on Windows, I used to game a lot. Now that more games are coming to Mac, I game more often (though not too much at all compared to the old days), so I guess platform influences my gaming habits.

Now that the most annoying bug is ironed out, I'm also not complaining, I don't care how they ported it, it's a brilliant game and works nicely. It entertains me and keeps me busy, so it's doing its job right now. Plus, easy updates through MAS is a nice bonus.

did it work ur san andreas?

i haven't been PC gaming for while, but i haven't really been "gaming" like i did when i was in high school, just play the ps3 at times, but not everyday and not for hours.

but i am trying to get a crazy gaming computer. just need one at least once in my life, might as well now because if i wait another couple years, ill probAbly lost all interest.

phySi0

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
You don't want to know!
did it work ur san andreas?

i haven't been PC gaming for while, but i haven't really been "gaming" like i did when i was in high school, just play the ps3 at times, but not everyday and not for hours.

but i am trying to get a crazy gaming computer. just need one at least once in my life, might as well now because if i wait another couple years, ill probAbly lost all interest.

Yes, it now works perfectly. No freezes or hangs at all anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.