Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Got mine today.
It's a great buy for $10. But unlike others on this post I cannot get the on/off function to work. It appears that the corner clamps prevent the lid from fully closing. I also tried taking the the iPad out of the case and pressing it against the magnet area but that also did not work.
Iam also wandering if over time the clip on the cover will leave a mark.
I am going to try it for a few days and see how it goes. I figure I am only out 1 beer at a blackhawks game:)

Other than that feature, how do you like it?

Well it looks like it's going to be the luck of the draw on whose sleep/wake feature works or doesn't. It is only $10 though so even if mine doesn't work, I'll be okay with pressing the power button.

sosnow

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Other than that feature, how do you like it?

Well it looks like it's going to be the luck of the draw on whose sleep/wake feature works or doesn't. It is only $10 though so even if mine doesn't work, I'll be okay with pressing the power button.

I like the case, but I would not have paid that much more. I don't like having to unlock the left side grips to put into the 2 stand placements. The 6 holders/grips seem a little too big, but for $10 I cannot complain too much.

I do like the overall thinness of the case. I come from a Portenzo case that I have been using for about 1 year and I am looking to go thin. The look and feel are very nice and construction seems solid.

jaziCo

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2009
SoCal (Orange County)
Got mine today.
It's a great buy for $10. But unlike others on this post I cannot get the on/off function to work. It appears that the corner clamps prevent the lid from fully closing. I also tried taking the the iPad out of the case and pressing it against the magnet area but that also did not work.
Iam also wandering if over time the clip on the cover will leave a mark.
I am going to try it for a few days and see how it goes. I figure I am only out 1 beer at a blackhawks game:)

I hope mine does work.... It would totally suck if it didn't... When did you order yours ? How'd you get it so fast, ordered mine the same day OP posted with overnight shipping... And it's coming in today?

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Just got mine. Fit and finish is flawless, what a beautiful case, I have owned a ton for iPad 1 and 2 and this looks the most professional by FAR and is everything I always wanted, so pleased. The iPad is rock solid in all the screen positions and typing positions.

That said the magnet on off does not work at all I am sad to say. I never used the feature even when I had a smart cover so it does not effect me, but the smart cover feature when I turned it on completely doesn't work at all, not even intermittent, so if you wanted that it is a deal breaker.

The case design and quality at this price, if you don't want the magnet on/off, is the best I have ever, ever seen.

colin15

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
Has anyone else here aside from the OP received the case with the sleep/wake function working?

My order is still being processed but will be cancelling if it's likely that the sleep/wake function doesn't work.

jaziCo

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2009
SoCal (Orange County)
Just got mine. Fit and finish is flawless, what a beautiful case, I have owned a ton for iPad 1 and 2 and this looks the most professional by FAR and is everything I always wanted, so pleased. The iPad is rock solid in all the screen positions and typing positions.

That said the magnet on off does not work at all I am sad to say. I never used the feature even when I had a smart cover so it does not effect me, but the smart cover feature when I turned it on completely doesn't work at all, not even intermittent, so if you wanted that it is a deal breaker.

The case design and quality at this price, if you don't want the magnet on/off, is the best I have ever, ever seen.

The way you describe it, im keeping it regardless! I would of loved for the sleep/wake function to work... Oh well!

sosnow

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
I received this email this morning, so it looks like they are being proactive with any defective case.
Dear Customers:

We are writing to thank you for your recent purchase of our "MoKo
Slim-Fit Folio Case for the New IPad (3rd generation)" and would like
to hear your feedback on our product and service. If there is anything
about this transaction or our case that did not meet your expectation,
please do let us know by REPLYING *TO THIS EMAIL and give us the
chance to make things right for you.

We do understand that many of you are concerned about the "Smart cover
auto sleep/wake" functionality of our case. We want to let you know
that our case does have the right design for new Ipad and the
sleep/wake function should work well , as tested by us and confirmed
by some reviewers on amazon. However, *We did notice one review on
amazon reporting a defective case. *We do believe this is an isolated
occurrence but we have taken measures to inspect our existing
inventory so no defective case will get shipped in the future. *And in
case you did receive a defective one , please do contact us before you
initiate a return and we will issue a "no hassle" replacement.

And if you are pleased with our case, please share your experience
with other customers to help them make a more informed purchase
decision, by leaving a product review on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B007CKLCSK

Again, we want o thank you for your business. We understand you have
many choices and appreciate your choosing MoKo case to protect you
Ipad. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we need to
do to make this purchase a right one for you.

Best Regards,

Jim Pollak
from BSCstore on Amazon

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
all I can say is I love the fit and finish of the case and the sleep wake function does not work at all. I tried with an apple smart cover and it worked fine so the issue is with the case. i still love it, but I would love it more with the sleep wake function working.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
^ Great! Mine hasn't shipped yet so I should receive one with sleep/wake feature that works!

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
An identical design by "poetic." Looks like this design is pirated all over the place...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HBLXI8/

$15 shipped.

Save $15.00 on every 1 Poetic StrapBack Rigid Leather Wraped Case for the NEW iPad 3rd Gen Black you purchase offered by Exact-Deal. Enter code JW5TQRN9 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Now $30 Never mind found coupon code.

Last edited:

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
nice part of my moko case is there is no logo of any kind unlike the poetic version... if they will replace my defective sleep/wake version in the near future without a big hassle that will great but if i have to start boxing this to "exchange" it etc. i will live it with because i love it and hopefully in 6 months when they are selling it for $10 again and working right i'll just buy another.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
sosnow: i never got that email and i received my case today. not sure how to contact the seller, can you post the email address to respond to? thanks...

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Well mine is "out for delivery" this morning so should be able to check on the magnet issue soon. I use a passcode so it is not as important for me but still saves a button press.

Still can't believe I ordered this on Sunday for ten bucks with normal shipping and am getting it today. I almost went for next-day delivery, which would have been delivered today too. Glad I passed on it (saved a whopping 3.99 lol).

Michael

sosnow

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
sosnow: i never got that email and i received my case today. not sure how to contact the seller, can you post the email address to respond to? thanks...

I ordered through amazon. The BSCstore

I did respond this morning, but no reply back yet

Last edited:

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Mine arrived today. The sleep wake definitely works. It's a nice feeling material and should travel well. The part that secures the case when closed is a snug fit and will not open accidentally, but seems like it'll need to be worn in a bit.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Mine arrived today. The sleep wake definitely works. It's a nice feeling material and should travel well. The part that secures the case when closed is a snug fit and will not open accidentally, but seems like it'll need to be worn in a bit.

Good to know

Hopefully mines works too...it comes tomorrow

Will post back with HQ pics too:D

jaziCo

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2009
SoCal (Orange County)

WTF is up with my luck... I just got mine in this morning.. and I can confirm that it DOES not work at all, as if there are no magnets to begin with.... other than that.. you guys will like this case.. Im gonna contact customer support and see what they have to say..

burns3

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
got mine today, sleep does not work, unless I'm missing something in Settings to activate it. Still a decent case.

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
that sucks

i hope my sleep on/off works tomorrow when i get it

i have a feeling it wont considering Apple didn't even tell the big name manufacturers (my Marware which I am returning does not work)

new owners please post pics of slim profile

burns3

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
jk7rk0.jpg

m94qxh.jpg

2e1wzv8.jpg

vg37ea.jpg

2nrubb.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.